Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th of July

We had a GREAT day!  We started out the morning by finding a HUGE box and two smaller boxes of clothes for Sadie being left on our porch.  Don't know who left them but we're soooo grateful! 

 Then Peyton and I got busy making some deliciousness for a barbeque that evening!  Made sloppy joes, chocolate covered strawberries with sprinkles, shishkebabs (red/strawberries, white/marshmellows, and blue/blueberries), deviled eggs, and blonde brownies..... yeah, we're amazing, we know!
 Peyton was lots of help....... making messes that is. 




 When Eric got in from the barn we went to our friends, the Olson's house for a fun barbeque. Never have to worry that I won't have time to eat because I'm taking care of the kids.  I've never seen a group of adults so eager to hold a baby then these folks here! Love them!!!!
 Peyton had a blast just hanging out with the rest of the kids in the backyard!!!  I think he took home half the sand box in his hair and clothes when we left. 



 Sparklers ROCK!  Peyton thought so too..... until his fingers got to close to the sparkly stuff. 



 Peyton is NOT a fan of fireworks however!!  They were just the cheapo, tiny little things and he was still scared to death.  Poor kid!  We were going to go to the huge fireworks in Hershey but ended up just staying at the Olson's later to do them on their driveway.  Eric was exhausted, and we thought Peyton would be too scared for all the big stuff anyway..... and Sadie could care less.



 Don't know how the heck he stayed asleep for all the firework noise.  Leave it to Eric.

Happy 4th of July everyone!  So grateful to those that have sacrificed for our country and for those that continue to serve us!!  We had a great day filled with good food, and great friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment