Monday, July 9, 2012

Day 3

3. Describe your relationship with your parents. 

I have a deep love, appreciation and respect for my parents.  I can honestly say they are my best friends!  It wasn't always that way..... my teenage years were a bit rough.  I was full of pride, hormones, and independence which isn't a good combination when you have someone "parenting" you.  haha.  They are such troopers.....  and loved me despite all my moments. 

My mom is the first one I want to call when something happens.... good or bad.  I actually use quite a bit of self control when it comes to incessant calling.  I would call her every single day if that wasn't so annoying. (she's a super busy lady)! 

My mom and dad are both such funny people!  It was harder for me to see all of their "coolness" when I was living at home.  I really do just sit down sometimes and think about how they interacted with us growing up, how they kept us in line, and what we all did for fun.  They have done such a great job parenting 6 awesome people and I just want to learn from their examples and use it in my parenting.  I know that if I try to emulate them and their examples, my kids will be just fine.  I know that noone is perfect, and I'm not saying my parents are...... but they're pretty darn close. 

Love my parents, and I'm so grateful to them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment