Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 9

9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how. 

#1.  My mom.  She is such a good mom, but what's more she's a good person.  She's always trying to help everyone.... always cooking meals for people.  She is always putting everyone else first.  I'm lucky that I got to be raised by her!!!

#2.  My dad.  He's taught me how to be a good listener.  He gives super good advice but sometimes I just need someone to listen and he has the wisdom to knwo when that's what I need.     

#3.  Jennifer Stobart.  I met Jenn when we lived in Maryland.... we were in the same ward.  She is one of the most Christ-like people I have ever met.  She never had anythign bad to say about anyone.  She was such a doting and loving mother.  I can't say enough good things about her.  Everytime I was with her, I left wanting to be a better person and mom. 

#4.  Sara Job.  Sara was my roommate in college and one of the best friends a person could ever have.  She would do anything for her friends and I knew that.  She even flew out to visit us when we lived in Maryland.  I felt like I really learned how to be a true friend from her.

#5.  Mr. Johnson.  This might seem like such a random one but hear me out.  Mr. Johnson was my third grade teacher.  I always enjoyed reading but he brought books to life for me while in his class.  He read a few books aloud to us during the year and I just remember being sucked into each story.  I would leave that day in a different world, rush home as quick as I could and tell my dad what had happened in the book that day. 

#6.  My hubby!!!  He loves me soooo unconditionally....he is the definition of patience, love, forgiveness, money savvy-ness, devotion, and acceptance!!

#7.  My sisters!  My best friends in the whole wide world.  I dont' even know where to begin...... they've taught me the importance of honesty, laughter, style, reading my scriptures, relying on the spirit, etc etc etc.

okkkk... TIME-OUT!!  I can think of lots of other people who have influenced me in my life and I feel so incredibly blessed to have all these wonderful examples all around me BUT......  that's all I can write for right now.

I could've written more for each person as well, but I've had this SPLITTING headache ALL. DAY. LONG. and I can't even think clearly anymore.  I think it has to do with the gobs and gobs of chocolate I ate last night while staying up late for a girl's night out.... soooo worth it!  but serioulsy, i gotta go now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment