 |
| Uncle Bam-bam helping to curry comb the cows right before classification. Classification is when someone comes into your farm to "score" your cows. Our farm is really genetically minded and the better scored our cows are, the more successful we'll be. |
Even Peyton helped out at classification. Haha, he scraped and scraped and just wanted to be part of everything.
 |
| Uncle bam-bam, daddy, and Peyton. Uncle Bam-bam came down just so he could be part of classification. He also owns a cow that we keep on our farm so he wanted to see how she would do. |
 |
| We're taking out all the baby stuff!!! Woohooo...... our life is full of preparing for this little one! |
 |
| Peyton's new favorite thing to do is coloring!!! I give him a pen and a notebook and he is entertained for an hour. His other new favorite thing is hamming it up for the camera, obviously! |
 |
| There was the annual dessert/dinner auction for our ward. All the money made off this event is for the young women's/young men's activities and mostly for camps. I made a no bake cheesecake which I was seriously craving and there was no way that I was bidding on my own dessert...... I did consider it. But I just made two of them so we could eat one all by ourselves. LOVEEEEEE this dessert!!!! It was a fun night! The downside was everything sold for wayyyyy over our budget ($20). That was good news for the youth though..... they made quite a bit from this little event. I think 3 items sold for over $100. |
 |
| We had chinese takeout one day..... Peyton's all time favorite food is egg drop soup. As we were eating, I looked over at something and when I turned back to my bowl, Peyton had totally stolen it!!! haha. He ate both full bowls... and another bowl when Eric came in later for lunch. |
 |
| We had a farm playgroup at our house. We had a really large turnout and turned out to be super fun! We have a new calf on the farm so they all petted the calf, fed a couple other animals, sat on tractors, and walked through the whole farm. Afterwards we came inside for our "dairy snack". Oreos and milk, string cheese and another lady brought clementines and juice boxes. When we moved here, there was a big bag of bracelets that say, "Got milk" so as everyone left we gave everyone bracelets. Glad we did it.... probably going to do it again when we get chickens. |
 |
| We finnnaaallllllyyyyy finished sanding Sadie's room. We've gone through all kinds of hassles trying to get it done but finally a really nice guy in our ward offered to help Eric get it done and they got it all knocked out and done a couple days later. We rented a heavy duty sander that Mike (our friend) used and Eric used a smaller one to sand the corners and under the radiator. |
 |
| It looks soooooo much better!!!!!! Now we just have to paint a few baseboards again and stain and varnish the floor and we'll be allll done!!!! CAn't wait! |
 |
| We've been working hard on our flower beds. They've been neglected for years so we took out everything in them so we could start from scratch. Most of our flower beds were completely under water during the flood as well so we had lots of debris we had to clean up. We set rocks around the beds and mulched everything. Now we just have to add flowers!! Hopefully that'll happen sometime this week. |
 |
| Our garden!! Eric tilled it all and I've been planting it while Peyton sleeps. We're hoping to finish the whole garden within the next week as well. We'll be expanding it quite a bit.......... i'm excited! |
 |
| And this cup of green juice here is one of the main reasons we're expanding our garden a lot. My mother in law just gave us a juicer since she got another one. This green beauty above was lots of spinach, celery, apples, pineapple, and lemons. It was pretty darn delish!!! You can say I'm on a "juice kick". |
 |
| This is the hairbow holder for Sadie. Just clip everything onto that wire..... tada!! Isn't it adorable! I got the idea from a friend back in Maryland. We had a bunch of chicken wire out in our chicken coop (don't worry, I pressure washed, soaped, and scrubbed that stuff before we used it) We also had the frame from our wedding so this my friend was a FREE craft! |
 |
| A little out of order but this is Peyton "helping" me make teh dessert for the auction. aka: licking the beaters. |
 |
| We've been listening to this CD NONSTOP since TOFW. This group performed on Saturday and I loved them!!!! |
 |
| Some of the ladies and I at TOFW! Had such a wonderful time!! |
 |
| Peyton is continually wanting to be my big helper. We were making tin foil dinners here so he washed the potatoes for me after I peeled them. I started cutting the potatoes up, and Peyton wanted to help me do that too so he found a butter knife. We did get a couple chunks to put in the dinners from him!!! |
 |
| Transitioning him to his own bed....but I'm not hurrying the process because loooookkkkk at this face!!!!!!!!! Wouldn't you want to wake up to this every morning?? |
 |
The wrist braces that have changed my life!!! I've got this crazy pregnancy carpal tunnel nonsense and I have a verrrryyyyy hard time sleeping. My hands will fall asleep and at about 4 am I can't sleep anymore because my hands just hurt sooooooo bad. Well, the doctor recommended these babies... didn't work the first coupel times but after I figured out how to wear them.... they've SAVED me!!!!!!!!!!
Well that's a little bit of what we've been doing lately!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment