Saturday, April 21, 2012

TOFW weekend

Wow, my heart is sooo full right now!  I was fortunate enough to be able to attend a Time Out for Women weekend here in our area this weekend!  My mother in law came down to babysit Peyton and I went out with the ladies.  It was kind of my last HUZZAH before baby Sadie gets here.  The conference just filled my heart and soul.  I felt that what these speakers and presenters said were meant for me.  Particularly a music group called Mercy River.  They had fun/silly songs and beautiful songs that just really touched my heart. 
Music works through me like nothing else can.  A wonderful truth that I found this weekend was from a testimony and song of Mercy River.... I want to share it with you.
When Peyton was in the hospital for the Intussuseption (I learned the real name, AND how to spell it), he was in sooooo much pain for awhile.  He'd lie on the bed and just start writhing.  Eric and I would have to be on either side of the bed so he didn't fling himself off.  The first test they ran was X-rays...... and like I said earlier.... I couldn't go in for that because I'm pregnant.  It's very difficult having to stand on the outside of a door just listening to your baby scream but after he got done, all he wanted was his mommy.  We returned to the E.R. room waiting for the next test, which is when they came to insert the IV.  After his IV, he was even more uncomfortable and in even more pain than he'd previously been in.  As he lay there on the big hospital bed, all he wanted was for me to hold him close. 
He couldn't seem to find a comfortable position at all anymore and his poor belly jsut hurt so much.  He was crying and crying but whenever I'd pull away, he'd cry, "Mommmmmyyyyy."  Well, I started singing I am a child of God, and all the primary songs in his ear.  He quieted down and relaxed and ended up going to sleep in my arms. 
While they were doing his air enema a while later to fix his issue, I sat on the outside of the door again just listening to him cry.  The minute they placed him back in my arms, he was fine.  He just needed his mommy.  Throughout his whole hospital stay, he just needed me close and he was fine.  Like I said, he just needed his mommy and I was the only one he wanted. 
As his mommy, I couldn't do anything to take away his pain and make it all better but I could be there for him when he needed me so much. 
Don't you think this is how our Heavenly Father feels?  He needs us to need Him so badly when we're hurting!  He may not take away the pain but He can send comfort and love.  He wants to comfort us and make us feel better. 
I know our Heavenly Father loves us so much!!!  This was such a testimony to me....... I need my little baby to need me so much!  Heavenly Father needs us to need Him as well!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment