Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Miracle!

So I believe in miracles!!!  I feel sooo much gratitude right now.... and this blog has kinda become my outlet so let just tell y'all what happened. 
When I was in Utah about a month ago my mom and I went to the temple for a session.  Now, let me just start out saying that I lose things...... a lot!  I had misplaced my temple recommend/my whole wallet the morning of Amber's wedding so that was super stressful and I didn't want that to happen again.  So thinking I would NEVER forget where I put it.... I put my recommend in the pocket of the back of teh driver's seat of my parent's Yukon.  Yeah, I know what you're thinking.... cause i'm thinking the same thing now.  Why, there???  I have no idea ok..... let me just blame it on pregnancy, like I do with everything else.  Well the evening before my mom and I went to the temple I stumbled across my recommend.  So I slipped it into my jean pockets....... the evening progresseed and we went to Seagull book, Plato's closet, and Labeau's for icecream.  I didn't think twice about the recommend in my pocket.
Well, the next morning rolls around bright and early!!!  I knew I just had to grab the recommend from the pocket of the jeans, then on the bathroom floor.  And whattdya know?  It wasn't there!!!!!  So we started into scramble mode trying to find it!  NOWHERE!!!!!!!!!  Finally my mom and I decided to just go...... hopefully my bishop and stake president would be easy to reach and they could still get me in (despite the early hour adn the two hour time difference, and the fact that I'd barely moved to a new stake and the stake president doesn't even know me).
Well, what do you do when you're circumstances are these?  PRAY!!!  I can't tell you howwwww much going to the temple meant to me that morning.  It's very difficult to carve out time for a temple trip since moving to Hershey.  It's next to impossible to find someone to milk for Eric so his time away is pretty much NEVER, and I'd gone by myself once which was good BUT, peyton screamed for a whole hour of the journey, we got stuck in traffic..... and the list goes on.  So, the fact that I was in Utah and teh temple was sooooo close and I had free childcare meant the world to me!  So PRAY I did. 
We get to the temple and I fill out the papers with my name, birthdate, stake president, bishop... all that good stuff.  The gentleman from the back came to retrieve my paper and a minute after he left to contact my peeps, the man at the front desk asked casually, "Well, what's your name? I guess we could check up here to see if anyone turned it in?"
I gave them my name and he hands me my recommend.  Speechless...... there are no words for a moment like that.  A miracle is what I call it!  There was a lot of thanking the Lord for that one that day!
Next miracle time....... Well, Eric and I were planning a temple trip for this Saturday.  Everything was falling in place..... Barry got someone to milk....which was a miracle in and of itself, Amber and Christian had a free schedule so could babysit for us, etc. 
This was going to be the first time Eric could go to the temple since we've moved here..... we went once before and after everything was planned, we realized the temple was closed for cleaning (we ended going up anyway to visit Christian and Amber though).  Well, a couple days ago our car started reaking of gas/antifreeze.  I haven't been able to go many places because we couldn't even drive our car without gagging due to the strong smell.  We'd unroll our windows and just deal with it.  The "car place" said that it was an antifreeze leak over the heater coil/thingamajig.... I can't even realy remember.  Well, what I do remember is that it was going to cost us 500-700 dollars to fix!!!!!!  Holy toledo!
So, we were freaking out a little due to the fact that we just don't have that money right now.  We didn't even know if our car was worth that since we have to put two new wheels on it as well, so we were considering just getting a new vehicle all together.  Trying to keep our options open basically. 
Well, after I found all this out my stomach just dropped.... there went our temple trip (labor to fix this thing was 3 days at the soonest) and I was worried about money.  Everything happens at once.... we still have to pay for Peyton's hospital stay, still have to pay 40% of all my hospital bills for this baby, etc..... uuuggghhhhhhh.  So like I said, what do you do in these circumstances... get on your knees and PRAY!  I know Heavenly Father wants to bless us, and as hard as Satan is working to keep us away from the temple, Heavenly Father is working to make sure we can! 
This morning we got a call from teh "car place".
Car place: "uuummmm, we're confused.... what's supposed to be wrong with your car?"
Eric: "Antifreeze leaking in heater coil/thingamajig" (except he knew what he was talking about)
CP: "Well, we took off the dashboard and there is nothing leaking..... you can come get your car."
Eric: stutter..... stutter... stutter..."But the smell is horrible in there... we haven't been able to even drive in our car"
CP: "The car was sitting out in our shop all night.... and this morning there was NO smell."
Eric: stutter... stutter... stutter (actually he doesn't stutter but whateves) Ok, we'll be right there.
A miracle!!!!!  And I'm sooooooo grateful!!!!  Temple here we come.... and NOTHING will stand in our way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment