Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pregnancy update

It's sooooo crazy to me how different my two pregnancies have been. When I was pregnant with Peyton, third trimester was HORRIBLE for acid reflux!!! That sucked of course but it was pretty much the only symptom I was experiencing besides a tinnnnyyy bit of swelling and tiredness. Well, let me tell you something....... the last week I have been exhausteeeeedddd!! In fact, I can barely keep my eyes open as we speak. I think I'm going to have to start taking a nap with peyton daily! I hate taking naps because usually I can't sleep at night but maybe, just maybe I'll be sooo exhausted that I can sleep whenever. The other downside of staying awake while Peyton sleeps is that I reallly enjoy my time to just hang out, blog, get things done around the house that I can't when he's awake and the past week, I've been weeding while he sleeps.
The other couple downsides of this pregnancy...... my pregnancy carpal tunnel. UGGGHHHHH!!! It is soooo annoying and usually makes it so I can't sleep well at night. After talking to the doc, he recommended certain braces for my wrists..... tried them..... and no relief!!! The other downside..... swelling!!!!! It's crazy, my left foot and leg look pretty normal but my right foot is as big as a walrus!! Seriously, it's huge!! The last couple nights, I've asked for a foot massage for just the one side. Bless Eric's heart, he does give me those massages!!! LOVE HIM!!!!
The end is in sight though and we can't WAIT to meet our little Sadie Mae!!! 4 1/2 weeks to go! wahoooooooo! This morn bright and early I picked up a power floor sander in Lebanon.... and Eric and our friend Mike have been sanding the baby's room. It's a relief to know that it's getting done and we'll be all ready when she gets here.
Funny story, while driving home from picking up the power sander, Peyton and I stopped at McDonalds for breakfast. I asked if they had any nuggets available during breakfast hours (cause that's Peyton's absolute favorite). They told me no of course.... I finish ordring and pull up to pay. She looks at me and says, "Ohhhhhhhhh, I get it, you're pregnant. Sure we'll get you a special batch of nuggets... as long as you don't mind waiting 4 minutes." Haha, it cracked me up. They thought it was jsut a craving, I didn't correct her that they were for my son.
Well, there's the updates for now. Here, I sit, pooped right out and just dreading the fact that I'll be busy cleaning "sanding dust" off everything for the next few days. WIsh me Luck!!! Word to ur mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment