Easter was great this year!! We kicked off the season with an Easter dinner and easter egg hunt at Grandma Caufman's house the Sunday before Easter sunday. It was great to see all of Eric's family again and make some fun memories!

Peyton loved the "hunt." And he had lots of helpers that wanted him to get everything so he loved all the attention. There were quite a few kids but grandma tells each kid what they get. (this year was one bag of crackers, bag of candy, a reese's egg or marshmallow, and one egg)

Here he was being such a big boy and getting his marshmallow out of the tree.

He was soooo proud! So was his mama!!


Look at that happy boy! It really was such a great time and as we were leaving, Grandma wanted us to go through her garage adn chicken coop to pick whatever we wanted to keep. Her house is up for sale so she's clearing everything out. So we got TONS of chicken stuff! Kinda exciting! We got all kinds of feeders, scoops, etc. We're super stoked to get chickens of our own soon! Right now, fixing the coop and getting the chickens is THIRD on our to priority list. (#1. Finish baby's room #2. Put in garden and then chickens)

And of course I had to add this sweet pic of my lil man. I'm soooo luck to have a husband who is willing to rub my feet after my long days. Remember talking about Peyton being his daddy's copycat....... YESSS!! He saw some lotion on the table, ran over to get it (Eric and I were oblivious at this point) plopped down on the pillow and jsut started massaging my feet. Love that kid.

Peyton and I dyed some easter eggs earlier in the week and had a blast!!! We'd hoped Eric could join us but of course the night we wanted to dye the eggs, they had all sorts of emergencies out in the barns and Eric didn't get in the house till 9. So obviously we started without him. Peyton wasn't too thrilled with the whole "dying" eggs thing. He had a little people toy horse help him and decided that the horsey was hungry so, he stayed busy feeding his horse the eggs. Then he thought it was great to crack the eggs against each other. I shelled a coupel eggs so the horsey could eat better! Ya know, I was ok that he didn't want to dye them. I love dying easter eggs but I just wanted Peyton to have fun and trust me, he was having a blast! The egg above is his attempt to shell some eggs of his own.

We did get 4 eggs dyed. How purty!

His "cheese" face with his horsey and eggs!

On Easter Sunday we went over to our friend's house, the Olson's for Easter dinner. It was soooo delish... even though I demolished the mashed potatoes. I did make a decent pudding poke cookies and cream cake though. We also had ham, rolls, sweet potatoes (nevvvveeerrr had sweet potatoes I liked and I absolutley LOVED these, I had thirds, AND I possibly think they tasted better than pumpkin pie!!!! THAT GOOD!!!!) I have to have that recipe! After lunch/dinner we had an easter egg hunt for the little kids (Peyton and Ellie). They are in nursery together and are sooo cute! All the eggs were just scattered across the lawn so it'd be easy for them and they were filled with candy.

First thing Peyton did when we started the hunt was, drop his basket and run straight up the slide. Yup, it was priceless!!! We finally lured him away from the playset long enough to get some eggs but he sure loved playing on that thing!!

All the older kids helped Ellie and Peyton get all the eggs! After they were through.... all the kids went inside while Eric and Ryan (the dads) hid all the older kids eggs. The Olson's challenged their kids to not eat candy for a year..... and if they succeed, they each get $100 so in each of the eggs, there was money instead of candy to tempt them. I'm telling you, the boys hid them WELL, and there were TONS of eggs!! They counted out all the eggs to see who "won" afterwards and there were close to a 100 eggs. Then they divided up all the money.
It was sooo wonderful to be with good friends for the holidays. We only stayed a couple hours because Eric had to get back to his chores but that was ok too. Peyton and I took a great nap together, then after we woke up we watched movies about Christ.
I'm soooo grateful for this holiday! I love all the easter egg hunts, easter bunny, and all the good food but I especially love the celebration of Christ's atonement and resurrection. I feel such gratitude for the Savior's sacrifice!! We are soooo blessed that when we make mistakes, we don't have to live the rest of our lives with that over our heads. We can be made clean again through repentance and the wonderful gift of the atonement! Not only that but the Savior felt ALL we feel. We never have to feel lonely because the Savior has felt it all! I know that Christ came to Earth, I know that He died for each of us, and He lives again!! What a wonderful thing!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment