- We ordered a "too small" moving truck so had to enlist the help fo Eric's dad to run back and forth with his tiny pickup truck to finish moving all our stuff. (let me just clarify that it was Eric who ordered the too small truck. He is horrible at that kinda stuff so why he did it without consulting me is just beyond me, ha) but serioulsy.....
- We have a roommate. Yup, besides the mice, spiders, and stink bugs that seem to abound in the new place...... a gal named Hannah. She's a really great girl, but........ it's awkward. Don't know what else to say about that. Yesterday was a celebration though because she found another place and signs her lease tomorrow!! (this is really a super long story so I might have to post about this another day)
- The toilot doesn't work. sigh...... i think going in an outhouse would be easier at this point. We had horrible luck with the toilot in our old house and now this one. Did I ever mention that a week before we moved, Barry called us at 1:30 am to tell us our toilot was running. WHAT??!!! So the water in that toilot was always running when it shouldn't, the toilot here doesn't even have a handle. Oi....
- We found out the day we moved in that if we decide to use our own washer and dryer, we can't wash clothes and then run any other water in the house for at least an hour (kitchen sink, dishwasher, shower, etc) or the basement will flood. awesome...
- That same day we also found out that the addition to the house, which includes a mud room and extra bathroom is totally disfunctional. We can't use the outlets because they got fried in a flood and the plumbing has never worked out there. cool.....
- I've already caught one mouse..... practically bare handed. Saw a little mouse here for a couple days and boyyyyyy, do they ever gross me out. I set up like a bajillion traps for the little bugger. Well, yesterday as we came odwn the stairs, the mouse was right there. It ran underneath a blanket and I ran over to stomp on it, right before I let my foot come down on that thing.... I got really grossed out. I didn't want to feel it squish right under my foot. I wanted to hit it with a hammer or something. (by the way, I'm throwing away that crazy blanket..... good thing it was just a cheap knock off snuggie) So it ran in between the boxes. I'm trying to work up the courage to squish it........ and the crazy thing runs into the vacuum hose attachment. (it wasn't hooked up to the vacuum itself, it was just the attachment on teh ground) So I trapped it!!!!! mUAHaahhhaha!!! But how in the heck are you supposed to kill a mouse inside one of those things. Beats me, so I left it for Eric to take care of when he got home. fantastic......
- This house is like an animal refuge. The second girl that lived here moved about 3 weeks ago and she had 7 cats.... our roommate now has 3 cats and a dog. And Eric and I are really not animal lovers, let alone, INSIDE the house animal lovers. Seriously grossed out by all the hair, etc etc. It smells. Wow......
- We were planning on painting all the walls, so we got started. Have spent countless hours, patching holes, calking floor boards, scraping paint off, scraping wallpaper off, replastering walls, texturizing walls........... this my friend's, is a complete renovation. A heck of a lot more than we bargained for. Great......
- The paint color we chose for the whole entire house is not exactly what we had in mind. I swear on the paint card it looks perfect...... but on our walls, it looks pink. Sweet......
- All of our furniture and boxes are crammed into the middle of the rooms on the first floor so that we could paint, etc. My house looks like it could pass for a hoarding episode at this moment. Sick....
- The date for us to get all new carpet and linoleum was pushed back two weeks. ugh...
- We are still living out of suitcases. ughh...
- No room to unpack anything since we have a roommate. All bathrrom and kitchen cupboards are taken. mmore ughhh......
- My lil guy is bored to tears........ toys still packed up and climbing up and down stacks of boxes is only fun for so long.
- Getting sick.....
We slept in with him for the very first time in such a long long time on Saturday. We all took a sunday nap together and he got to hang out that whole day with us. I could go on and on.
Let me just say it's been sooooo worth it BUT, we are currently looking for a new house to move into. So I'll keep u updated on that.......
Oh my gosh, glad you guys are thinking positive, but I would be freaking out by 1) the roommate, 2) the ANIMALS!, and 3) the house being practically condemned. :) You are a good person to not have a mental breakdown. :)
ReplyDelete