Thursday, September 27, 2012

Nursery Success

After 9 months of Eric or I going to nursery with Peyton EVERY sunday, he is finally by himself now!  Is he happy about it? NO.  Do I feel bad for his leaders? YES.  Are we making him "suck it up?" YES. 

The nursery leaders are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!  His old nursery leaders were awesome too but these leaders have been in this calling for 27 years!!  Yes, you heard me right.  The story goes, everytime the bishop approached this couple for another calling, he would say that if they released him, he'd leave the church.  I think he was just joking but that's how much he loves it!! 

We have tried EVERY approach to the whole nursery thing but finally settled on, sneaking out and letting him cry it out.  We're hoping that after a few weeks he'll be ok because he knows that we always come back for him!  We tried sneaking out before which resulted in teh poor kid waking up all night long with nightmares and screaming out for us.  I would have to hold him close and whisper over and over, "Mommy's here," till he fell back to sleep.  But I finally think that the timing is right! 

Eric and I sat together for the first timme in forever for Sunday school!!!!  So peace out nursery, I won't miss you!!!  Actually, I really do enjoy the snack time....
When Peyton got home from nursery this day and we were discussing what he learned, he kept pointing to the people and telling me who they were.  So we wrote, Ty-ty, Bun, and wee-wee!

No comments:

Post a Comment