In the midst of all this cofuffle at our house here, I was able to get away for a weekend camping trip. It was AWESOME!!!! Spa in the woods. I met a lot of wonderful people, left the stress and worry about my house behind, and was spiritually uplifted.
The Friday evening that it started they had activities in four different areas. A manicure cabin (with snacks), a facial/makeup cabin (with snacks), zumba cabin (with snacks, and a hairstyling/haircutting cabin.... you guessed it, with snacks. The activities in and by themselves were awesome. I didn't really participate because I had Sadie but oh boy....... did we have fun or what. There was a few gals from my new ward that buddied around, going from station to station eating...... and eating.... and eating some more. Good thing I hadn't eaten dinner before!
After all the stations, there was a wonderful fireside. The speaker just so happened to be from my new ward......... her name is Sis. Fernelius and she is my friend, Amy Olson's sister from Lebanon ward. Small world eh? So Amy just so happened to be there that weekend. Sooooo good seeing her! Sis. Fernelius spoke about SPA.... Satan's paralyzing Attacks, and how he will make you feel like you're not important and she did such a good job.
Then, the party began. Everyoe went to their own ward's campsite with their assigned cabins and "went to bed." Ha, this new ward is party central!!!! I checked out at midnight because I knew Sadie would be up bright and early, not to mention a feeding int he middle of the night. Lots of ladies stayed up till three though. Can I just say that I'm going to L-O-V-E this ward!
This weekend came at just the right time for me. My mother in law was sweet enough to watch Peyton for me over night and Sadie was an angel camping. It was soooo relaxing and really helped remind me to focus on the important things in life. Lately it feels like I'm worrying all the time about this house and feeling anxious about unpacking everything quickly. It will be ok, all the boxes will be there tomorrow. I need to sit down and enjoy my kids, read my scriptures and take time to thank my Heavenly Father for all His blessings!!
P.S. I love LOVE LOVEEEEE camping!!! And I don't think I ever mentioned above that this was a relief society activity!
No comments:
Post a Comment