Friday, September 28, 2012

Priorities

Ya know, sometimes I wonder if people think we're super poor.  I know it shouldn't matter one way or the other but I just want to say that I FEEL rich.  I feel like I have everything we need! 

It's also freaked me out last Sunday after talking to three families..... their stories are all the same.  They are the only member of their family living away from Utah and they hadn't been back for 5 years.  Another family said 8 years!!!  Say WHAAATTTT/?>>>!!!!!

So let me just sum up both thoughts above by saying....... we don't have a flat screen TV, or Ipads.  I can't afford all the new fashions.  Look at my house.  We don't even have a couch or entertainment center yet.  On first glance, no wonder people might think we're poor.  We spend our money on different things, that's all.

Last night we stayed up buying tickets for Utah.  About a grand later......... and I feel great.  We get to go to Utah as a family (first time in forever) and welcome my little brother Zach home from his mission!!!  We're buying memories..... we're doing everything we can to strengthen our relationships with family members... not letting them dim!! 

So come on over, take a seat on the floor to watch some football........ eat our outdated yet delicious treats from the scratch and dent discount grocery store and ignore the stink bugs that crawl through our old old old windows (that are still waiting for the pros to come replace them)! 

I'm not judging either.  These are our priorities..... what are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment