Sadie Mae is such a fun, beautiful, smart, perfect little baby!! She turned three months old 3 days ago and what a couple of months it's been!
She's had issues with reflux since she was born but the last couple of months it's seemed to just explode into a horrible, never ending battle. I'll feed her and she'll spit EVERYTHING up and then some. It's so frustrating to feed her and for it to be all over her and I, 30 seconds after she's full. My shirt seems to always be covered in spit up and her outfits are always soaked. We go through laudry like you wouldn't believe.
I started worrying about her awhile ago when it seemed like all of my friends would comment how small she was and how it seemed like she wasn't growing at all. Sure enough, her percentiles keep dropping and dropping and dropping. She was 46th percentile at one month old, then 22nd, then 21st, down to 14th........ yikes.
I must admit, our doctor isn't the most proactive lady you've seen. She has not been any help at all. So we've come up with a "fatten up Sadie plan"by ourselves. She will sleep 8-12 hours at a time at night so I've been waking her up 2-3 times to eat. She tried a reflux medicine for 3 weeks that didn't seem to help that much, so I've cut out all milk/dairy, and eggs from my diet. I record everything that goes into my mouth so we can trace it back to her frequency of spit ups. And you know what, slowly but surely it's working.
She went from 14th to 17th in one week. (We go in for weekly weigh ins) Then onto 19th the next. She's holding steady at 19th and we'll go in again on Tuesday before we move.
It really is such a worry for us. I'll do pretty much anything to have a healthy happy baby! Other than that, she is such a FUN FUN baby.
She's such a little talker, so social. She can burp and fart like a grown man which cracks us up so much. She is so smiley and now laughs at us. She is as ticklish as they come. She's an explosion waiting to happen. She'll go 2 days w/o going #2 then we'll hear an explosion and it will be over everything!!!!! Clothes, vibrator, swing, person... etc. While sitting in her little chair she'll look around and get so excited about everything. She'll kick, kick, kick with her little hands just shaking with excitement.
Sadie is good at holding her head up, she's rolled over back to stomach and stomach to back, laughed, smiled, and hair is growing super fast this month. She is still in all her 0-3 month clothes but hopefully soon we can graduate to 3-6.... it'll come with her "fatten up" plan.
We love her like crazy! Peyton loves his little Sadie and is so proud of her. Praying for a good month and we'll keep on keeping on.
No comments:
Post a Comment