Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sadie's baby blessing

Sadie was blessed this past Sunday.... June 10th.  It was a PERFECT day!!!!  We felt sooooo incredibly loved and were surrounded by so many of our favorite people.  The two days before the blessing, me and my family were going to be in Huntingtown MD for Amber and Christian's wedding open house so we knew we had to do some prep work before hand if we didn't want to be up ALL night long on Saturday.  So on Thursday we cleaned the house all up and Friday morning we made all of the food.  I seriously couldn't have done that without my family here.  My dad and mom just took the reins on that one and our menu for sunday was AWESOME!!!! We had a Cafe Rio/Costa Vida meal with pulled pork and tomatillo sauce, cilantro lime rice on tortillas or salad and then for dessert we had brownies with strawberries and lemon curd.  Ummmmmmm, seriuosly???  Yeah, ridiculously good!!!  We got back late Saturday night (I'll be blogging that whole weekend experience later).  The Shahan's drove up from Delaware that night and it was soooo good to have them here.  The day of the blessing, everyone else got here before church and this house was chaos for awhile trying to get everyone ready in our ONE bathroom.  haha. 
The blessing itself was beautiful!!! Sadie got to wear the dress that I was blessed in.  Eric thought it was too froofy but it was sooooo special to me!  I'm soooooo glad my mom kept it to pass down through the generations.  A couple things that really stood out to me in her blessing was that Sadie would always have a desire to get to know her Father in heaven more.  Sadie was blessed that she'd want to prepare and serve a mission..... she'd find a good man to one day go to the temple with.  And she'd get to have a family of her own one day as well. 


 Uncle Vi-vi and Ga-ga with Sadie!!!  I love this pic! 
 All the men in the blessing circle.  Brian Shahan, Christian Larson, Uncle Leigh, Elmer Poquita (they were soooo bummed, they missed the blessing by 10 minutes.  They entered Church St. instead of Church Road on their GPS and were at teh wrong location.)  He would've been in the circle if they could've!!!  Daddy, Sadie, and Pampa. 
The fam!!!  I really was soooooo happy and touched that my dad and Levi got to join my mom when they came out here.  It meant a whole heap!



Major bummer we didn't get Peyton in on this picture!!!  He'd gone to bed the night before at 12:30 and woken up early for church so he absolutely zonked out in the car on our way home from church.  He is one of those kids who desperately needs his sleep so we just let him sleep!!!



The friends!!!!!  I lvoe these ladies!!  I know I will always have them as friends!!  Everybody was tuckered out after lunch so people were sprawled out all over the house sleeping and taking naps but we ladies and Elmer went outside and chatted under some shade trees.  We also walked our garden for awhile picking a bunch of spinach for them to take home.  I had sooo much fun with these gals! 

Amber and Christian!  Sadie slept the afternoon away and was perfectly content to be passed back and forth among her admirers.

Everybody was sleeping!!!  Brian denied he ever fell asleep but I've got proof!!  muaaaahhhhaaahhhaa!

Aunt Sharon cracked me up..... she zonked out with her face head down in the air mattress with the rest of her body on the floor!! 
So many people were here to support us and welcome Sadie!!  I'll say it again, we really did feel soooooo loved!  Thank you everyone for coming, we love each of you heaps and heaps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment