Friday, October 11, 2013

Utah Trip: Part 8, Hyrum

There is something so special about a newborn. Perhaps it's the fact that they are so fresh from heaven.  Maybe it's the feeling we all have in our hearts at the miracle human life is.  Maybe it's the humbling experience of holding someone so dependent on you and realizing that Heavenly Father trusts you to raise him.  Whatever it is..... I felt so privileged to be in Utah when Whitney had little Hyrum.  I was even able to go to the hospital without my kids one day and just soak in that little baby's spirit.   













 Their lives will never be the same.  And such a wonderful change!  Tyler is already such a wonderful big brother.  Hyrum is one lucky fellow to have this couple as parents.  There is none sweeter than Whitney.... she's a gem!



 This picture literally brings tears to my eyes.  Grasping onto that little boy as if to silently say, "There's another baby boy in our family now that needs loving just like you.  Mommy is going to have to divide my time but that doesn't mean that my heart's divided.  For it grew bigger when Hyrum came and now it's doubled in size.  Enough love for both of my boys.  You are the first, I love you now.... I'll love you always.  No matter how many directions I need to be going to meet the needs of you boys, there is only one Tyler and that's more special to me than I can say."   That's just my mind doing the talking.  Because I felt that way when Sadie was born.  I was sooooo overjoyed and excited to be adding to our family but I worried a little about how my boy would feel.  Would he feel replaced?  Like I didn't have time for him anymore?  It takes time, but my two kids are now two peas in a pod.  Peyton watches out for his sister like only a big brother can.  And she loves her Peyton. There is NO doubt about that!












 Was my baby ever that small?  Where did the time go?


 Peyton loves those newborns almost as much as I do!!!!!!  He wanted to be next to that little Hyrum in the first few days home from the hospital soooo badly.


 This was his little finger.... like a magnet.  Always wanting to touch, be next to, and love Hyrum.  Kids are way more perceptive than adults and I know for a surety that my Peyton felt the newness and sweetness of Hyrum's little spirit.




 Peyton's hand yet again.



 Makes me want to have another baby.... like yesterday!!!
 Little Hyrum's baby blessing was beautiful!  We all walked over to the church building after a brunch at Whitney's house.






 Whitney's sister in law, Tiffany had a little Sadie a couple weeks previous.


The blessing was absolutely beautiful that was given to little Hyrum!  From what I heard of it anyway.  We had Sadie, Lydia, Peyton and Tyler in our row and that makes for a crazy bench.  Trust me.  Oh, and I was without my other half at this point.  He always seems to be able to maintain order a little better.  It was such a great brunch before church as well.  Both sides of Hyrum's family were there and everyone wanted some loving from that little man!  Welcome to the world little Hyrum!  We love you like crazy already!

No comments:

Post a Comment