I really took thousands of pictures while I was in Utah. I'm trying to narrow them down and only adding my favorites.... but that still means there will be a whole lot of Utah posts.
I cut Peyton's hair into a fohawk.... and I think he looks soooooo cute with it!!! New favorite hairdo for him. We called it his shark fin.
Reading is tough work, but someone's got to do it. Sadie's new favorite thing to do these days is to choose a book, snuggle deep down in the covers with Peyton and I in my bed and read books. It's only taken 18 months to enjoy reading, haha. But it sure makes me happy!
One evening while we were sleeping there was a horrible lightning storm. It struck the mountain by my mom's house a few times. So when we woke up, the mountain was on fire. This same thing happened a few years back while everyone was at grandma's camp. Mom had been home alone and asked to evacuate.
The helicopter flew right over my mom's backyard.
And filled up his bucket at the neighbor's pond. We sat in our backyard for hours mesmerized by the helicopter making its circles. Peyton is now on a huge rescue team kick that includes helicopters.... of course.
Probably my most favorite picture of the whole trip! My mom had bought some costumes at a yard sale! I love this age.
We went to Nibley Splash park one day with everyone. The mountain was still on fire and we needed to get out and do something. All the way up there at the park, the smell of smoke in the air was strong. Unfortunately I didn't get to enjoy the park long...... I kept feeling so anxious that I needed to be back at the house. Just in case the fire came down too far. So we didn't stay long.
When we had returned, it had indeed gotten a lot worse.
So they launched a reverse fire line. There is a deer fence up on that mountain and they created a distinct fire line so they could manually start their own fire that they could control so that the two fires would meet in the middle and diffuse.
The fire went long into the night but their plan worked. The fire was out come morning. The process was so exciting to watch though. There were cars parked all along Hollow Road to get a better look until the firefighters ordered everyone to stay home. It really just reminded me how easily things can be taken away from us. Imagine if that fire had reached my parent's house. In a matter of hours all of their possessions would have been taken. I think it's sooooo important not to get overly caught up in buying all the newest and greatest gadgets for our houses, not putting all our money in materialistic things. Even made me think that when Eric and I build a house...... my dream house is going to be drastically different from the one I've been dreaming about. Going simple is sometimes the best. And that's just my opinion for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment