Sunday, October 20, 2013

Awkward vs. Awesome

Awkward Vs. Awesome


Awkward

-Peyton throwing the most horrible tantrum while we're in line at the grocery store.  As I look around, as soon as my eye meets another person (worker or shopper) they quickly avert their eyes as if they weren't staring.  Kids these days.
-At the family reunion, we were taking a stroll around the lake with all the children.  As some of the cousins start to laugh, I realize it's because my son has unashamedly dropped his drawers and is peeing a stream right there in front of everyone.
-The looks the librarian gives us as we bring our laundry basket overflowing with movies to be checked out.  I get that there are 35 movies in there and we only get them for a week.  I have my reasons, sheesh.
-My friend texting me in the middle of stake conference wondering if those high pitched squeals are indeed from our Miss Sadie.... why yes, yes they are.
-The new obsession Sadie has...... She always seems to find a bra and drape it around her shoulders...... and leaves it there all day.
-That moment at Young Women's (our ward has recently joined mutual nights with the other ward in our building) that a young man in the other ward mistakes me as a young woman and is bragging about how much he bench presses.  He literally sprinted off when a girl walked over and called me Sis. Hess.  Poor fellow.
-Showing up at the Relief Society stake activity in jeans and a t-shirt.  Apparently I didn't get the memo that it was sunday dress.  Whoops.

Awesome

-The wonderful woman behind me in line at the grocery store that was doing her darndest to help as Peyton is pitching a fit.  Helping put my items on the belt and distracting Sadie.
-The fact that Peyton is indeed potty trained.  100%.
-General Conference weekend:  Eric let me sleep in, we packed up bags and bags of things to keep the kids entertained and headed off to the church.  In between sessions we went through a carwash, went to Rita's, got to go on train rides and played at the park.  In between sessions on Sunday we got to feed 8 missionaries while they played with the kids in the gym.  Wonderful weekend!!!!!!
- Date Nights with the kids:  Eric dropped Peyton and I off at the library so that he could get the rotors fixed at the shop.  Sadie and Eric got to chill out together.  Peyton and I checked out a bunch of movies and books together, then headed to the pizza parlor next door.  We split a piece of pizza, some fries, and pop then read a bunch of our books while waiting for Eric.  I absolutely tootely LOVE our date nights with the kids.  There is nothing like a little one on one.
-The cute things that come out of Peyton's mouth.  Tonight's funny was: "Daddy does lots of stuff.  He builds stuff all up.  He's a construction worker guy.  He's good at feeding cows too.  And he makes dinner for us too."  Me: "What else is daddy good at?"  Peyton: "That's it."  haha, we were dying laughing.


We have sooooo many "awesomes" in our life.  I truly feel so blessed!  But I'm also grateful for the "awkwards" that keep us laughing and life a little more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment