Ya know, sometimes living far away from everyone else is pretty rough. Especially when it comes to those moments when your siblings make life-altering decisions without you there to be a part of it. I guess I've had it coming for awhile now. I got married to Eric while my brother Christian was on his mission. He didn't even get to meet Eric until our sealing. With Whitney, I was pretty much there at the beginning so I didn't feel out of the loop there. I had known Jocelyn for awhile so I didn't feel out of the loop there either. But Lacey and Kyle..... totally out of it here in Pennsylvania.
They met in Bear Lake. Lacey was working down there that summer. Listen, I'm getting old and my memory stinks so I can't remember all the details but long story short. They fell for each other hard..... fast! So for a couple months I was hearing about Kyle this and Kyle that... and trying to piece everything that everyone said together to get a feel for the guy. Lacey then left for Nepal for a 3 month service trip while Kyle and her continued a long distance relationship. They were technically not engaged but kinda. I never really understood that whole deal but all I knew was that there was a 95% chance this fellow was going to join our family.
So we headed out there in December.... to welcome Zach home from his mission and to also welcome Lacey home from Nepal. The first time I met Kyle was at teh church for Zach's homecoming. I saw him coming from a distance and was kinda nervous...... this was probably going to be my brother one day for pete's sake.
Right off the bat, Kyle Cheney is a super likable guy. He's just this cuddly, lovable, fun-loving guy. Poor fellow had me asking him questions the rest of the day. I wanted to know his intentions, where his thoughts were, how he felt about my sister, what was his family like, what were his hopes and dreams. He probably never saw me coming as the interviewer of the month.... but I take my job as sister quite seriously. haha. He's a super fun guy to be around, he plays guitar and sings, a RM, and a good listener. What wasn't to like? I felt so grateful..... as weird as this sounds..... to get to know Kyle before Lacey came home and they flitted off in their own little world being disgusting and obnoxiously lovey dovey. haha. love them!
Now Kyle is my brother..... we party hard. We dance, we sing, we joke, we play games, and he tells us all he loves us. That's a big deal to me! We love you too Kyle!
So the wedding day! Now, it started off with a little glitch. I totally wanted to take a bazillion and one pictures but someone..... we shall not mention any names..... locked the keys in teh car that included my camera. So....... the guilty party, made a quick trip to Whit's house fo rher camera. Grateful I had it, but.... unknowingly it was set on Raw images the whole time which can't be downloaded to this blog (at least I can't figure it out). So this post is definitely sparce with temple photos. And let me include that Lacey's best friend Taylor and her mom called the locksmith and got them down to the temple to get our car open. Lifesavers!
Let me include that Whitney still looks ravishingly beautiful, 8 1/2 months pregnant. If it had been me, I would be looking like 2 ton Tilley in this picture above. You can't even tell she's pregnant here.... sick!
Love you Kyle and Lacey! Soooo grateful we got to make a second trip out to Utah to be part of your special day. It was indeed special!! Looking forward to getting to know Kyle more and more in the upcoming years!















No comments:
Post a Comment