The reception that Tuesday evening for Zach and Jocelyn's wedding, was a celebration indeed! Let me back up and give some information on this wedding.
I have known Jocelyn Cheney for years now. She was my cousin Amber's best friend throughout middle school so I would always hear references of her. We lived in Tremonton when I first heard of her, then on to Iowa City. We made a summer trip out to Utah for Grandma's camp every year while living in Iowa. When Christian and Amber both turned 16, they had a special double date planned for the week of Grandma's camp. I remember being so jealous because I wish I had been 16 as well. They went and had a picnic with watermelon then watched the fireworks at teh stadium. Christian's date was....... Jocelyn Cheney.
Fast forward a couple years, and my family moved to Nibley Utah my junior year of high school. Amber became one of my best friends..... I don't think Jocelyn and Amber hung out all the time still but I'd see her around the high school all the time.
Now fast forward a couple MORE years. We were in the Institute Choir together and I got to be good friends with her aunt, Leann Nelson. There are a zillion more connections that I could add that documents our family's lives intermingled but suffice it to say, we go wayyyyyyyy back. I will add that my dad took Jocelyn's mom on her very first date, back int eh day. Super awesome!
The point I'm trying to make is this, I've known Jocelyn for a really long time and always thought she was the sweetest girl ever. We never got to be "besties" but I know enough of her character over the years to know that she is PERFECT for my brother. NEVER thought I'd say that about any girl while refering to my brother Zach. He is in my opinion, one of the best men that I've ever known. I look up to him so much!
The thing about this wedding was, I'm not alone in this opinion of these two amazing people. So that's why I say that when this reception was a celebration, it really was. Friends and family getting together to celebrate this wonderful couple and the beginning of their life together!
Enough of my jabbering, let's commence to some pictures.......
Jocelyn's mission girls!! They were so cute all together! Just giddy and soooo happy to be reunited.
AHA! Caught red-handed Ty-ty. I'm sure it was enjoyable though.
And much to his credit, it was just a single lick.
Zach has always been obsessed with cereal, and if my memory serves me correctly, Jocelyn loves it as well. So their departure was met with an immense amount of rice krispies!
No comments:
Post a Comment