Sunday, October 13, 2013

The kids

Wow, who gave them permission to grow up?  Honestly!  Sadie and Peyton are both sooo fun!  
Sadie:  She is so expressive!  She loves to dance and actually has pretty good rythym.  She follows Peyton wherever he goes. She is also a little tease.  She loves to run after Peyton everywhere and tackle him from behind.  He'll run through the house screaming, "Help mommy."  She loves to give kisses to everyone.... the open mouthed, slobbery kisses still.  She is such a big tease.... to me, Eric, Peyton, everyone.  She loves her family.  Everytime we're driving in the car she'll yell over and over, "DADDY, DADDY, DADDY."  I'll always tell her that he's at work but she keeps yelling it over and over.  When he is in the car with us she'll start yelling it and he'll say, "What Sadie, I'm here."  Then she'll start to jabber on and on.  She can hold her fingers to her lips and say, "SHHHHH."  She has started hitting a couple times so has frequented timeout twice already.  Timeout is 0% effective at this point.  haha.  My absolute favorite thing that she does because I think it's so hilarious is, whenever Peyton has to go potty he'll stand by the side of the toilot and go.... always lifting his shirt up.  She'll always follow him right into the bathroom, stand on teh opposite side of the toilot, lift up her shirt and pretend to go as well.  We might have our hands full when it's time to teach this little girl the correct way to pee. Yikes!  She HAS to have her wubby to go to sleep.  Ever since she was a little baby she gets soooo excited about things that it's a whole body response.  She'll start shaking all over, and her body will become frigid!!  It cracks us up soooo much!!  Favorite toy these days are balls.  She used to LOVE silverware and take it around with her everywhere she went but it is currently balls.  We just transitioned her to her crib..... about dang time..... 3 days ago and it's been pretty successful!!  She refused to sleep in it before.  She has also kicked the habit of naps in her carseat as well.  We kicked that habit as soon as we got back from Utah.  Speaking of carseat....... she has transitioned to a big girl car seat.  
I absollutely love how different my kids' personalities are but it cracks me up how similar they are as well.  They both are terrified of most animals.  They both are mommy's kids through and through.  They both have/had attachment issues!  
Peyton is my tender one.  He is one heavy duty cuddler!!  He loves to make other people happy.  He is just as happy playing by himself when he's with a bunch of kids than playing with everyone else.  He's such a talker and asks Why all the time.  He truly wants to know how everything works!  It's cracking me up how his perceptions of things are sooooo literal.   Peyton couldn't understand that Sadie hasn't been with us forever.  I tell him that she lived in Heaven before.   But I've also told him that she came out of my belly.  Well the otehr day while we were driving he told me, "Mommy, heaven is in your belly.  With lots of clouds and Jesus."  Peyton loves to watch library movies on the computer.  He loves to play games on my phone.  And he really loves to play with Sadie.  I couldn't ask for him to be a better big brother to Sadie.  He's so protective.  I have no worries that she'll be fine in nursery in November because he'll watch out for her.  They really are two peas in a pod!  Peyton isn't without his tantrums.  Holy toledo, he's good at those!  They seem to be happening less and less which I'm so grateful for.  He is able to control himself better and understand consequences better.  He will stay in timeout for the full time and be better after it.  Hallelujah.  Only 3 years in the making there.   He is so sweet though.  He loves his afternoon nap still which proceeds a huge pile of library books everyday being read to him.  He's one little reader!  I would say his most favorite things to do are reading, and playing pretend.  He loves everything superheroes these days!!!  

 Sadie refuses to let anyone feed her these days.  She MUST do it herself.






 Peyton is really on a farmer kick.  He wants to be a farmer really bad.
 Our new clothesline.... just in time for winter.  haha








 One of Sadie's favorite things lately is riding on this bicycle.  Of course she can't pedal it but I'll push her along.




 This kid usually wakes up an hour before Sadie does every morning so we'll go snuggle in some blankies and start with some breakfast together.












 These pictures are sooooo bright.  Had my camera settings all crazy.  But I loved this one.  They sit by each other and start giggling.  Sadie usually starts teasing him adn he'll just laugh adn laugh.


















I sure love these two!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment