Thursday, October 10, 2013
Utah: Part 1
I love the chaos and fun that ensues when all of the siblings are together! The kids are running amuck, usually fighting over some toy, the adults are lazily sitting around chatting and Whitney usually.... haha, is playing mediator. She is always the first one to jump up and create peace it seems like.
And Kyle's leg is usually hanging out for the world to see. Haha, love you Kyle. But seriously, you're blinding me.
Grandma Doug! Love her. Bless her heart, it is getting more and more difficult to get up and about these days. She's pretty dependent on that wheelchair of hers so stairs are quite the challenge. It must be sooo hard getting older and being frustrated when our bodies start to fail us. I guess I've got a couple more years to NOT worry about that though huh?
We made good use of Ga-ga's sandbox while we were there.
The tuesday after we arrived was Zach's wedding! Such a beautiful, special day! We started the morning out with a luncheon up in Millville. Oh wait, maybe it was Providence. See what I mean about me forgetting stuff already. I just had to take a couple maternity pics of Whitney while we were setting up for the breakfast. I mean, LOOK AT HER! Is she just the cutest pregnant gal that ever lived. I know she may not feel like it but she's adorable. I just look like an elephant when I'm pregnant... but ya know. I'm ok with it. I've come to terms with it. At least my elephant status is only a 9 month kind of thing.
The breakfast was amazing! It was pancakes galore and all sorts of syrup. Bacon, hashbrowns, you name it.
Of course, true to form, we all stayed among our own kind. By that I mean, Jocelyn's family sat together and our family sat on tables together. I think it's just a comfort zone type of thing. But listen here, Jocelyn's family are some of the neatest, sweetest, most genuine people you've ever met. I'm so happy that Zach married into that family. Not only is Jocelyn incredible, he is now soooo lucky to have a wing-dinger second family!
We watched this hilarious video that Jocelyn's siblings made. It was cracking me up!!
Then a few people got to go up and tell memories of Jocelyn or Zach. Levi and Christian went up from our family. Levi told the story of Zach playing "Rhapsody in Blue" on the wall in his sleep and Christian told the infamous, "Grape story."
I love love love the whole family getting together! My very most favorite part about being a photographer is: I seem to find and pay attention to more of the "aha moments." The moments when you're just laughing and enjoying yourself, that moment when you look at your kids with love in your eyes, that moment when a hug tells a story. I just love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment