Monday, July 1, 2013

Birthday Party

We attempted cupcakes the day before Peyton's birthday!  We ended up with unfrosted cupcakes... which are still delicious so it's all good.  Our cupcake frosting tube squirter wasn't working and I was just not in the mood to make real frosting.  Maybe because it intimidates me since I've never done it!  Oh well, Peyton had just as much fun playing with the sprinkles on a paper plate!



 The morning on his actual birthday we put candles in his scrambled eggs.  Don't you just love his Superman costume.  It's a staple around this place, I'm telling you.  It's actually is 2T costume from Halloween last year and extremely little on him.
 So the candles didn't stay up in the scrambled eggs so the banana came to the rescue!!
 And he got his much needed New superman cape!!!!  Hallelujah!  No more of the, "mommy, help me get on my superman cape."  At least 20 times a day.  Not going to miss the fussing that the velcro pieces are scratching him.... or that the cape keeps coming off.  I think this new cape was more for me than him.  Ha!
 And the long awaited BUBBLE GUN!  It lasted 5 minutes.... maybe.  But it was a fun 5 minutes!  Our other cheap bubble solution didn't work in it so there was def a tantrum that ensued buttttt..... remember, we had that 5 minutes.  Have I mentioned that tantrums will be the death of me? 
 I left for Girl's camp for a week a day after his birthday but when I returned it was off to Chucke Cheese's for Sadie and Peyton's combined party! 
 Peyton was in heaven!!!   He loved just running around and around. 
 This horse was his favorite ride!!  He loves all things horses. 
 Sadie did a good job unwrapping her gifts!!! 
 Peyton was a very meticulous, slow and steady unwrapper!
 We had a great time!  Both grandmas were there, Pappy, and Bam-bam.  We ate pizza, played lots of games, won lots of tickets, and got some cheap... I meant, cool prizes!!  The important thing is that the kids loved it.  Sadie slept for most of it but that's ok.  We followed Chucke Cheese's with a trip to Coldstone for some deliciousness!  We are so grateful for supportive and wonderful family!  And we were especially grateful to celebrate our little ones' birth with some partying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment