Saturday, August 11, 2012

Recent Happenings


So last weekend I was supposed to babysit the Gooden's children from thursday to Sunday.  I was super excited about it..... then I got really sick!  So Sabey's came over and did it instead..... we stayed home from church that sunday to try to recuperate all the way.  Then Eric's brother Brandon visited us for a couple days!!!  Peyton absolutely LOVES his uncle bam-bam!!  Brandon is so sweet with him, reads him books, takes him out to the barns all he wants and just has fun with him.  Peyton is always talking about his uncle bam-bam!!!
 He left on Wednesday so that evening we went to the fair!!!  oh my heck, I love the fair!!  Eric loves the fair and I'm 100% positive that Peyton loves the fair now too!  I got my DELICIOUS traditional caramel apple!  We bought some delicious raspberry and chocolate shakes, walked around to look at animals and Peyton went on his first rides.  ADRENALINE JUNKIE!  Holy toledo, you should've seen the tantrum that kid threw when it was time to go home!  Eric and I both love rides so it was a relief that he likes them too. 
Then that evening.... super late, our dear friends the Shahan's came to visit!!  The stayed till Saturday.... celebrating Briley's birthday.  We went to Hershey park, just hung out and ate some delicious food!  I'm tellling you, my friend Rachelle is a freaking WHIZ in the kitchen. She made us some egg gravy for breakfast on Saturday and o. my. heck.... i"m in love with that stuff! 


Hershey park times!  Sadie chilled out in the carrier for awhile but was completely zonked out so we transferred her to the stroller hoping that she'd stay a little cooler.  Peyton was originally in the stroller but keeping him in that thing while at an amusement park with so much to do and explore was like cruel and unusual punishment.
We loveeeeddd the wave pool!  The shahan kids were hilarious jumping in with no fear!!!  Peyton is a little scaredy when it comes to water but he kept right at the edge and really enjoyed it there.  The only mishap with the whole thing was when his diaper literally EXPLODED.  He was sitting on a bench and we were about to go explore new rides after we were done swimming and we see chunks of this weird white stuff all over.  To be honest it looks like shaved ice off snow cones.  Nope, totally his diaper.  We had forgotten a little swimmer diaper for himm and he'd gone in the pool with a normal one on.  NOW, I understand there is a huge difference between them!
 I'm gangstah!  We were busting a move with him!  There was music blaring all over.  Mary was one of my young women in the Smyrna ward too so it was fun to hang out with her again!


Roller coaster faces!  Too cheap to buy souvenir pictures after each ride but this is def what we looked like on Sky rush.  Briley's head was hanging down the whole time.  Rachelle kept yelling..... "are you ok Briley."  I was in the middle of the two of them.  Fun ride but whoah, super intense.  We all had headaches for awhile after that.



Have I mentioned how freaking pumped I was that Eric got to come with us.  I couldn't believe it!!!  Felt soooo good to actually do stuff with him.
We stayed till the park closed and I'm telling you, the funnest time to be at the park is at night.  There are NO lines..... it was crazy!  The temperatures were cooler, the lights are awesome on everything and it's a cool sensation to do rollercoasters in the dark.  Only downside..... grumpy children.  woah!  While at the park, we traded off with the boys for kid shifts.  The girls (Rachelle adn I and the oldest kids) took the first shift while the boys took all the kids on the kiddie rides.  We just switched off liek that all day.  Pretty good setup I think!!  Although, in the future I do want to go on one ride with the hubs!!
 After the Shahan's left on Saturday and after Eric got done with work that evening we headed to a community picnic!!  They have fun little "train rides" for the kids.  See it being pulled by a riding lawn mower!  Now, THAT's real entertainment.  I'm obsessed with the sausage sandwiches they serve at this thing.  We went to this same picnic last year and I was equally obsessed with them!


We were flip flop twins for the evening!
In the meantime, we've been going to and fro taking care of friend's dog, Rollo.  AFter the Shahan's left, the kids and I have spent every night here.  It works out al ot better because we can take him outside right before bed and right when we wake up so he doesn't have any accidents.  It's been fun staying here.  The Gooden's have a beautiful house and so for these two weeks I can pretend like it's mine.  Kinda silly but oh well.  I even had Eric come over last night after work just to take a shower here.  HEAVEN!!!  There is actually water pressure, the hot water lasts longer then 3 minutes, and the bathroom is huge.  He loved it!  The Gooden's were really generous and let us use their house for canning peaches today too.  Eric's family came down to help and they could barely believe how beautiful this house is either.  I really love the Goodens...... even without their super nice house.  They are sooo chill and generous with everything!  I really want to be more like them! 

1 comment:

  1. love this post! and had the bestest time with you and the Family. I'm so glad we got to do it before you move. We love you guys!...if you dont mind I might snag these photos for my facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete