Thursday, May 10, 2012

So a quick little update from huge ol' me.  We went to the doctor yesterday in hopes that they would set an inducement date... but no luck.  They can't set the date until 10 days before. So, fingers crossed that next week is the week that we can get stuff set in stone. 
Ya know, a part of me really wants to just practice patience and go into labor naturally and let nature take it's course.  But the bigger part of me wants a date to count on so that it can coincide with my family's arrival here (they only have two weeks or soemthing with us and we want to take full advantage of their help while they are here, ha), so Eric can plan on a date so they can scrounge up milker replacements, AND the final reason is that Sadie's projected weight at week 40 is 8lbs and 10oz and that's TOO BIG!! That stresses me a lot! 
I had a really hard recovery with Peyton and he was only 8lbs 4oz and I just want it to go easier, dang it!  I'm practicing my "positive thinking" though and everything will go great!! ......hopefully...... I'm praying too. 
I have zilch energy these days.... hate that feeling.  I'm a puffy mess, reflux like crazy, stupid pregnancy carpal tunnel still and fat as could be but I'm sooo excited and grateful to be having a second little baby!  And a GIRL!!!!  I'm not gonna lie, I'm anxious that I don't have enough bows and cute hair things for her yet.  I don't have a tutu, or those darn cute crochet hats for all those newborn photo shoots but hey, I'm trying to think "simple" these days.  I would love to get all those things but money just doesn't grow on trees at the Hess home so we'll let her cuteness do all the talking! 

Week: 37wks and 2 days
Weight: too fat
Date that I estimate her to arrive: May 25th
Estimated time of arrival: 6:03 p.m.
Color of hair: dark blonde
Length of Labor: 9 hours
Sadie's weight at delivery: 8 lbs even

We can't WAIT!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, at 37 wks the doctor said chloe was at 8 lbs already so i was terrified when i finally got induced at 40w3d that she was going to be like 10 lbs! Turns out she was only 8lbs 3 oz--and obviously she hadn't only gained 3 oz in over 3weeks, so I think you are fine. :)

    Also for newborn hairbows, the cheapest thing is to go to Joanns Fabrics and go to the aisle with embellishments for sewing--you'll find bags of adorable tiny premade bows with 5 or 6 in a package for about 2 bucks (sometimes you can even ask for additional coupons at the front--or they will also take the hobby lobby coupon that comes out on the hl website every week for 40 percent off). Then attach them with karo syrup on her head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome dani!!!!!! We don't have a Joann's close but they probably still have bows and things like that at Hobby lobby as well... don't ya think? We have one of those close by. That gives me hope that she's not near as big as we think she is.... chloe is soooo darn cute!!!! Way to make em'!!

    ReplyDelete