Monday, May 21, 2012

Mother's Day!

Well, I'm behind on my posting but I really wanted to write a Mother's Day post.  First off, I'm soooooo grateful to be a mommy!  Whenever they would ask me what I wanted to be growing up, it would ultimately be a mother.  And what a job it's turned out to be!!  I'm so grateful for Peyton and his sweet spirit.  And I'm soooo grateful for baby Sadie who should "pop out" any time now. 

For Mother's Day I gave a talk in sacrament meeting and boy, was I glad they asked me to do it.  What a great Mother's Day gift....... Eric had to stay awake the WHOLE sacrament meeting and watch Peyton while I relaxed up on the stand soaking in everything around me while I waited to speak.  I love peyton soooo darn much but it was a welcome relief to have a break for once and get to listen!  After sacrament meeting we took off to my mother in laws where we met them at a restaurant where we treated Jean and Grandma Caufman to lunch.  That was fun and my steak was DELISH! 

Eric gave me a beautiful rose bush to put in our flower beds and did the dishes that evening. (that's a big deal folks).  Oh, he also made me breakfast in bed!  It was a really nice day!
I missed not being with my mom for mother's day for sure!  Can't wait till she comes to visit!  I'm sooo grateful for my mom though.  She's seriously the best!  I'm lucky to have such a wonderful example of what type of mother I need to be to my own children.

No comments:

Post a Comment