For Valentine's Day, we went to Cluggy's amusement park as a family! Didn't take any pictures... dang it. But we did have a blast! Peyton is sooooo obsessed with arcade games so he just ran around looking at all the lights and pushing all the buttons. Eric got to do a couple rounds at the batting cages in there and Sadie just took everything in. We did end up hitting the jackpot so Peyton got a bajillion tickets for prizes! He especially had a fun time picking out everything..... tootsie rolls, stickers, slinkies, candy, ball... etc. One happy boy!
Sadie and Peyton kinda just chilled as we wrote the hearts and hung them but occasionally Peyton would chime in about what he wanted to say!
I definitely think this is an east coast thing but it was "fasnaught day" on tuesday last week. Pretty big deal around here. Fasnaughts are donuts, I think it's german. Well, up at the farm they had dozens and dozens of donuts.... so Eric brought some home to us! Sadie's a fan!
Peyton occasionally throws tantrums. Who am I kidding....... he throws one at least once a day.
I follow Sadie around like a little puppy. Even with vacuuming once a day, she always finds little things on the floor. Stink bugs, crumbs, little pieces of paper, you name it. No matter how many toys are surrounding her, she will ignore all of those and go straight for what she can't have. She keeps us on our toes.
Sprinkle love! Probably ranked in this kid's top five these days. We went post valentine shopping for some sweet deals and found a bunch of heart sprinkles. This is what happened the minute we got home. Sometimes you have to choose your battles. sigh....
All of our windows were replaced yesterday! Hallelujah! They look so wonderful! I can't believe what a huge difference it makes in our house. I absolutely LOVE them. Brainstorming some MAJOR thank you gestures for Eric's boss.
Sadie thinks it's time to climb stairs now. Honestly could've waited for that milestone a couple more months.
We love food coloring and all the projects we can do with it!!!!
Peyton's big thing lately is making sand castles as well. Shhhhhhhh, don't tell him that corn starch isn't sand.
I have the hardest time taking a decent picture of Sadie. She is always on turbo speed and can never get her to look at the camera..... even when she occasionally is, she does some crazy face. I feel like I have hundreds of crazy Sadie face pictures..... love her!
The other night I was halfway asleep when I heard a little voice say to me, "look at my boo goo mommy." Being on the brink of sleep I had thought he'd said, "boo-boo". Going to kiss it better, it wasn't till his finger was against my lips that I realized, "shoot, he said booger." Nice
Sadie pulls herself to standing, crawls everywhere, dances to music, blows raspberries, eats lots of solids as well as baby food, and has recently become a little mommy's girl. Needs to be held quite a bit. She takes naps horribly if I try to put her in her bed.... but if she's in her carseat, she'll sleep the day away. At least she sleeps well in her bed at night.
Peyton is really into Doc McStuffins adn he conducts checkups around here all the time. He'll tell me that I have bad eyes, bad ears, and bad everything. Good thing my self esteem is grounded huh? ha. Peyton is learning his ABC's and can count to ten. When he throws a tantrum these days, I will let him know that that is not a good choice and he can choose to sit in timeout or choose to be happy and he'll always tell me, "NOOOOOOO mommy, I'm a bad guy. Me mad!" well then. He put in a hoobastank CD the other day and told me that was bad music. He's just hyper aware of everything "bad" lately. If there is a picture of a person scowling or simply without a smile.... it's a bad guy! He's really sensitive to different TV shows, which I'm grateful for. It surprises me sometimes though. He only likes watching thigns if they're 100% positive..... even in Jake and the Neverland pirates... he gets upset sometimes about Hook. Tender soul.
Well, that's about it for the day
No comments:
Post a Comment