Monday, February 4, 2013

January 2013

We're behind the times on the whole gingerbread making thing but better late than never!  I love gingerbread houses!  I just think they're the funnest things ever.  Well, while shopping at B.B.'s the other day I found these easy to assemble kits for a buck fifty!!!  YES PlEASEE!!!  



 Peyton had fun trying to assemble everything but honestly I pretty much did it all!  I squirted a bunch of frosting on the outside of teh house so he could stick all his candies but he was adamant that the candy didn't belong on the outside but on the inside.  Ha..... So, he kept taking the wall or roof off to stick all of his precious candy inside. 
 Sadie just watched from the sideline..... look at that poor eye.  She ended up getting a "cold" in it.  That's what the doc said anyway.  What the heck, right?  Everytime she woke up it would be so goopy that it sealed her eye shut.  It's been about a week and it's just starting to look better the last couple of days.
 This is the finished product..... impressed?  Well, doesn't fully give you a full picture.  I forgot to take a picture of the floor..... lots of candy down there too.  Including gobs of frosting.  Aw well, I guess some of the best memories are made when things get messy!
 Peyton's new favorite thing is riding around on his horse, with rope and his cowboy hat.  Oh, and his boots.  I don't have a huge problem with this BUT, he likes to tye everything up.... including his little sister.  I sure seem to be playing referee a lot more the last couple months!  I had been going through Sadie's storage bins for the next size up in clothing and he'd seen me pull this tinkerbell p.j.'s out.  We like tinkerbell in this house.  So, belly shirt and all.... this is how he stayed the whoel day!!



We've gotten to play out in the snow lots this winter!  Peyton is definitely a big fan!!!  What an ordeal to get all of his snowclothes on...... wheeeewwww... but it's always worth it!!


 His gloves don't stay on worth a darn. 
 My favorite part of the snow process????  Snow icecream afterwards.  YUMMM!!  Eric was totally not a fan... he said it tasted freezer burned but Peyton and I had no problem putting it all away by ourselves!

Peyton sure keeps us on our toes but can I just say that I LOVE this age!  He is talking up a storm now and says the funniest things ever.  The other day we took the missionaries out to eat with us.  As I return to the table from getting something from the buffet I realize Peyton is missing. "Eric... where's Peyton?"  We all look hurriedly around and next thing you know Eric bolts like lightning from the table.  Peyton was already halfway up one of those claw arcade games.  They make teh shoots where the stuffed animal prizes come out, entirely too large!!! 
Yesterday we were playing in his room and he says, "Sowwy Mommy, I gotta go talk to my gooo."  Me: "Who's your girl?" Peyton: "Yexie is my goo friend.  Need to talk to her. Sowwy mommy."  Lexie apparently is his new favorite.... just as long as I'm always his true fav!!!! 
Sadie is cute as a button.  I seriously can't stop staring at her some days.  She's sooo beautiful!  I get absolutely NO sleep with her but I love her anyway.  One day I know I will reminisce on these days and miss my babies..... sleep deprived and all.  She is full blown crawling now and it's sooo cute.  She's only 11th percentile for weight so she just looks like this little peanut cruising along. 
Two days ago I was giving the kids their baths and as I was pulling Sadie out of her tub I said, "Come her punkin!"  Peyton yells out, "Sadie not a punkin.... she a princess!!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment