Friday, November 2, 2012

No spend November

Here we go my peeps.  I've declared it a NO SPEND NOVEMBER!  Totally going to make it work.  First saw the idea on another blog but didn't think twice about it.  Then we moved...... our free time increased, our salary increased, etc etc and I'm totally ashamed of how frivolously I've spent the past month.  Sheesh!  You know the saying, "You spend what you make."  Well, it's totally true.  If you have less money, you'll spend less. (for most cases anyway) 

I had always told myself that when our salary increased we would still spend as little as we could so we could save the rest.  Ha...... but it didn't happen. 

So for the whole month of November I'm going to spend as little as possible.  So it's technically not going to be a "no spend."  I will still do the grocery shopping...... but hoping to hold off for at least two weeks.  We figured we'll probably have to buy one tank of gas because I go to mutual every Wednesday and that makes two trips to the church a week.  40 minutes away.  But other than that.... nothing.  No clothes, not lots of extracurricular activites that cost, going to make a bunch of fun things to do at home instead of driving everywhere. 

I'll let you know how it goes..... I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment