Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Election Day

Election Day..... what a big ball of emotion that wells up in me.  After Eric got home yesterday we drove to Lebanon County to vote.  We're not registered to vote here yet but we're still registered in Annville.  Eric was already planning on meeting the hoof trimmer at the Gingrichs to get his cows all trimmed up that evening as well.  We headed out to Pizza hut (fail on no spend november), then off to vote.  We then dropped Eric off and went to hang out with some friends from our old ward.  I was really grateful to reconnect with them and we had a good time talking and hanging out. 
 
As we waited for results to come in, I was really nervous!!!  I kept thinking about this statement that was made...
“After we win this election, it’s our turn. Payback time. Everyone not with us is against us and they better be ready because we don’t forget. The ones who helped us will be rewarded, the ones who opposed us will get what they deserve. There is going to be hell to pay. Congress won’t be a problem for us this time. No election to worry about after this is over and we have two judges ready to go.” Valerie Jarrett. A senior Obama Adviser. Quoted 5 days ago.
 
After results came in, I'm still nervous.... then I read this posted by a friend on facebook
 
Remember, friends, "God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." -2 Timothy 1:7. Now, more than ever will the adversary use fear as a tool to destroy. Our nation is divided, almost in half. We are seeing what prophets have foretold of our nation's values and faith in God disintegrating, the very faith that made this a blessed country in the first place. Regardless of what anyone else chooses, let us not weaken in our personal resolve to follow the example of the Savior, to love those around us, and to live with courage in God's great power, not fear or contempt toward mankind.
 
I will be praying for President Obama do what's best for this country.  And I will be praying for a sound mind and greater love for everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment