Friday, November 2, 2012

Changes

It's A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. what a few small changes can make in a day..... in life!  Peyton has started to like watching a couple episodes of Thomas the Train.  This is a big deal!  Finally I can use the TV as a babysitter for about a half an hour.  I don't mind how horrible this sounds but I'm pumped.  Up until now, he has to be in the same room as me at all times.  I have to be entertaining him the whole time he's been awake.  And seriously, it's just exhausting some days.  I finally have the luxury to turn Thomas on and go do a load of laundry... or blog! 

I can put Sadie down in her pack n play and she'll put herself to sleep.  This is a big change around here too.  It has been such a stress for me to want this to happen soooooo much but the bottom line is.... I couldn't handle listening to her cry it out.  It just breaks my heart in half.  I know people have been doing the cry it out method for ages but i just don't have it in me.  So all I can attribute this awesome change in Sadie is...... prayer.  I have been seriously praying that I will know what to do to help Sadie sleep well, and easily so I don't have to walk around like a zombie anymore.  She's been waking up 4-5 times a night.....naptimes were battles around here.  Happy to say that she doesn't fight naps anymore and she only woke up ONCE last night.  HUGE BIG DEAL!!  I can't believe how much brighter and better the day seems today to be well rested. 

We now have an official bedtime.  Took us long enough right?  Sadie has been going down at around seven and without much fuss.  But Peyton...... he's never had a bedtime.  We've half heartedly given numerous bedtimes to him before this but nothing stuck.  I think it mostly has to do with Eric's old work schedule.  He'd be out at the barns till 7:30.  I really wanted him to have some time with Eric before bed so we'd eat dinner and play for awhile.  Peyton has just gone to bed with us when we go.  That's just been the way it is.  And he sleeps in our bed.  Touchy subject with lots of people but I'll just admit it.... I like it that way!  Well last night we had a bedtime.... and routine.  We started at six...... took both babes for their baths, brushed teeth, read books, read scriptures, family prayer, then some primary songs.  The minute Peyton's head hit his pillow, he was out.  Then Eric and I had 2 1/2 hours before we went to bed as well.  Woah........ seriously awesome!!! 

Peyton doesn't take naps anymore.  This detail has been ruling our lives lately.  When out to friend's houses, we'll leave before naps.  I schedule grocery shopping, and everything around the nap.  Well, for the last 3 days Peyton has been fighting those naps tooth and nail.  It has literally taken me 2 hours every day to get him to sleep.  Finally I decided it just isn't worth that fight anymore.  Yesterday was the first day without a nap and it was great!  There wasn't 2 hours of utter stress to get him asleep..... he wasn't grumpy AT ALL, all day long and putting him to bed at night was a piece of cake.  AND, he slept in a lot longer. SCORE, SCORE, and SCORE!  Have been dreading the day that there was not a nap but I've actually really loved this change!!

Last but not least change around here..... we've converted to healthier eating.  Let me just say what a new lifestyle this is for us.  But it's amazing the changes that have come from it.  I have so much more energy.... I have ZERO anxiety, Sadie doesn't spit up that much anymore.  And so many more awesome side effects of this choice!!!

November is a month of change for us and I'm so grateful that they've all been positive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment