Sadie woke me up at 6am.... bright and early. I didn't mind since I went to bed so early the night before. While watching the sun rise out my window I read my scriptures and watched Sadie as she tried scooting around on her little blanket. We then went downstairs and I did a P90X dvd while Sadie chilled in her bumbo. Does this not sound liek a fantastic start to a day???
Sadie had a doc appt at 9:10 so I planned to leave the house at 8:30. We were running a few minutes early so I figured we'd all get in the car and take a nice leisurely drive to the doctor through some pretty back country roads. As we walked out to the car.... my hands loaded down with Sadie in her carseat in one hand, and the diaper bag and my breakfast smoothie in the other I was feeling pretty good. Mom of the year award definitely in order..... then mayhem erupted. Instead of walking on the sidewalk to teh car, Peyton was walking to the car via the grass..... breakfast smoothie in one of his hands. Well, unfortunately we still have a lot of debris from tropical storm Sandy and there went Peyton. Tripped on a very large stick.... He landed straight on his belly, smoothie landing perfectly square all over his head and face.
Peyton let out a howl of death (only way I can describe it). Peyton had dark green/brown smoothie everywhere. It was a freezing day so I took off like a rocket yelling the whole time to Peyton that, "MOMMY IS COMINGGG!!! I'LL HELP YOU.... HAVE TO PUT SADIE IN CAR!!!" I threw Sadie inside, turned the car on and blasted the heater so she wouldn't freeze her fritters off and ran back to help Peyton. At the time, Peyton had stood up and was toddling toward me, mouth wide open just howling. Running definitely did not do him any favors when it came to keeping the smoothie localized where it already had been. If it hadn't been allllll over the kid, it definitely was then.
So much for our early start, so much for the darn cute outfit Peyton had been in. I stripped him down lickety split, baby wiped him down and threw him in the car. I ran inside as fast as possible, grabbing him an extra outfit and changing myself. That smoothie had gone airborne and now covered my jeans and cardigan as well.
As we traipsed into the doctor 45 minutes later (we were only 3 minutes late) I noticed the smoothie on Sadie's carseat, and how Peyton's hair had gone all crusty on one side from dried smoothie that the wet wipes just couldnt' completely get. I sighed but was just thankful we were there. This appointment had been cancelled the previous week due to the storm Sandy. This was her 4 month well child visit and she was already 5 1/2 months. I was quite anxious to see how her weight had progressed and such.
Despite the hub bub of that morning, as I sat in the room I felt so blessed! Sadie has jumped quite a bit in weight percentiles, she's on point developmentally and she's perfectly healthy. What a great day..... what a lucky mom I am to have these two raga muffins to call my own!
No comments:
Post a Comment