Thursday, June 25, 2015

Peyton's 5th Birthday Party

 Peyton's Birthday Party was a success this year!  He had been looking forward to his party for months and months!  We would ask him what theme he wanted for the day and he'd change over and over.  At one point he wanted a Safari skylanders theme.  What the?  Thank heavens he changed it to Batman/Lego theme!  That, I can do.  I LOVE parties, like.... kinda obsessed!  One day I want to be a event organizer.  The only downside to planning is a low budget, haha.  But, this was his first friend birthday party ever so we went a little crazy.  Ok, I went a little crazy.  Eric's a good sport about it all though.

We started with doing a Superhero in training obstacle course.  We held the party at the park right here at our apartment complex too so that turned out great.  I had wanted to make some really nice invitations for all his friends but due to budget restraints and such, we just went with a facebook event.  With that being said... you usually plan for maybe half of the people you've invited to show up.  BUT, we had a full house.  Only 2 people declined sooooooo, I always do say, "the more the merrier."  And that's exactly what it turned out to be... merry!

 One of the highlights of the day was getting to spray and vanquish the villains with their individual cans of silly string. As I was explaining the game to the kids.... I stopped myself from saying... "after 5 sprays, they are dead."  Maybe not the best for a group of 5 year olds.  Vanquish is a decent word... right?  "Until the villains are no more?"  "Gone they are?"  Well anywho, that was the crowd favorite.

 Not everyone's favorite though.  Silly string can be downright freaky to the young uns'.  Poor babies. 
 In an attempt to a live a healthier lifestyle lately.... we went with a watermelon cake.  Adorned with blueberries, a little frosting, and strawberries.  It was definitely a success! 
 It's moments and occasions like these that make me REALLy miss being close to my family.  I had invited Eric's fam but they had declined.  I really try not to be offended or hurt by it, but it does sting a little not having the family support for important times in my kids' lives!  With that being said.... I have some of the most wonderful "family by choice."  So in the end, we felt so loved!  WE love our friends here.

Can you tell that he liked the presents he received?  Maybe a little too much.  He let us know at the end that next time he's inviting even more friends so he can have more presents.  OI
 My sis Whitney had made Batman face masks for all the guests and it was downright EPIC!!  So grateful that my family still does try to be a part of things although they are far away!!!
So grateful for my little Peyton. 

Favorites:
Color:  blue and green
Game to play:  hide and seek
Thing to do: build my legos
Friend: Mushroom cows
Food:  Corn on the cob
Holiday:  Christmas
People to play with:  Clay
Song:  Book of Mormon stories
Vacation spot:  Great Wolf Lodge

No comments:

Post a Comment