Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mothers

I'm so grateful to be a mom!!!  My two little ones are my everything. 

Even before I was a mom, I've been so grateful for the nurturing traits needed in mothering, Heavenly Father has blessed me with.  I remeber very vividly a mother's day when we were so dissappointed that we still were not pregnant with our first.  At the end of sacrament meeting the bishop invited all women 18 and older to stand until they'd been given a gift.  I felt so conspicuous and unworthy of a gift.  For pete's sake, I didn't have kids yet.  As I've pondered that day I realize how wrong I was.  I was a primary teacher at the time and in my way I was mothering those children.  Everytime Eric and I would enter the chapel, 3 of my little kids would run over to me with a huge hug.  We were usually flanked with a couple of them throughout the whole meeting. 

There are so many other instances that come to mind about "mothering" over the years!!   Bottom line is, on this mother's day I feel so darn blessed and grateful to a loving Heavenly Father for the opportunity to mother.  To nurture, comfort, provide service.   And I feel especially grateful to now be mom of two little babes.  I love them with all my heart! 

Peyton changed my whole world the day we found out we were expecting!  All I've ever wanted was to have kids.  I'd spend my days studying parenting articles and books.  Going through baby clothes over and over again.  And just imagining what it would be like to have him in my arms.  After 9 long months I must say that parenting wasn't exactly what I'd envisioned but it's better.  It's definitely not as easy and black and white as I once thought which I'm so grateful for.  My kids make me grow each day.  They make me a better person! 

My Sadie has brought such spunk and light to our family!  She's our little peanut!  I love her like crazy!  Peyton brings a tenderness to our family!  They are both soooo great!






No comments:

Post a Comment