Friday, May 31, 2013

Memorial Day Fun

Eric works one holiday in four.... so Memorial Day was his holiday to work.  No big deal because he still got off at 10:30 and we were off to Caledonia State Park with some of our really good friends, the Kemps.  Joy Kemp has a really good friend who nannied with her back in the day from Virginia who came with her family as well.  And I just love them!!  We have the greatest friends!



 So we just hung out in the morning getting ready, going grocery shopping for the day and waiting for Eric.






 The kids were both enamored by the river/stream and stayed by it All DAY LONG!  Didn't stop to eat, wouldn't stop from getting cold, etc.  I would come feed Peyton like a little bird just so he would get something. 

 They caught some awesome looking crawfish!  We also found a few snakes!



 It's nice having teenagers around to help take care of all the kids.  Kaylyn is one of my young women and I just love her.
 We slathered on that sunscreen like it was going out of style.











 We stayed at Caledonia for a few hours.  Playing in the creek, talking, eating good food, and going fishing!  Then we went out for some icecream near the Amish market by the Kemps house, followed by an amazing barbeque at their house!  We had such a blast!  The boys took over the grill while us women decided to take a trip to Walmart for some chocolate cake!!!  Yummmm!  We played the candybar game.... I had goten a sweet awesome deal at B.B.'s for the candybars.  Ya know, fun game but I would def recommend playing it with a little older kids.  Ha.  There were all kinds of tantrums about who had what candybar and how unfair life was!!! 


 Then we made some funnel cake!!  Oh my, it totally blows all carnival/fair funnel cakes right out the window.  There was NO contest!!  They were soooo divine!!!


 Stephanie and her husband David... from Virginia!  I sooooo wish they lived closer to us.  They are just the funnest couple ever and Stephanie and I just have a lot in common and see m to connect really well!

Then we all had to say good bye!!!

We had such a wonderful day!  On the way home we thought it would've been nice if we could've visited some family graves so next year we'll do that in the morning then do the barbeques and stuff later.  Thanks Kemps, and Froo's for a great day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment