Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter 2013

We kicked off the Easter season with some good ol' egg dying!  At B.B.'s we got a huge box of assorted easter stuff for $5.  There were lots and lots of dye kits, plastic eggs, etc.  So we went to town!!!  It wasn't till halfway through boiling the eggs that I realized we only had brown eggs.  Oh well, we still did it.  The color's were not near as vibrant but it was still fun!



 Sadie just looked on the whole evening.  We kept her stocked with lots of snacks!!

 These two kits were in our box from B.B.'s and I had a blast doing these!!!!  Peyton was chomping at the bit to play with them after I was done.  But I'm telling you..... funnest egg dying session ever!!
 Finally I finished my masterpieces and he had a blast playing pretend with all the "kings" and bad guys! 


 Nothing beats a good egg dying session like a follow up bath!!!  These two could play and play in the tub all day.  Sadie a bit more so than Peyton.  And they don't really like baths alone.... but when together they just play and play. 
 We got to go to Grandma Caufman's house for a fun Easter celebration!  Fun times with cousins, egg hunts, and good food!
 Little Koi is just sooo cute for his own good!  I wanted to eat him all day.... he's that cute!
 Grandma Caufman sets up such a fun egg hunt every year.  Each child gets a certain number of eggs, and there are 4 different ziploc baggies with different things in them so they make sure to get one of each. 
 We're still working on sharing around here.  Peyton had a blast playing with everyone though.  We ended the evening visiting Grandma Hess in the nursing home.  Peyton was getting a little crazy by then and was having a little too much fun with wheelchairs and walkers.  So our stay there was considerable short!!! 
 The day before Easter we spent the day cleaning and getting our car to smell fresh again.  The plague hit us last week, throwup and all.  The worst to clean out of cars.  Good thing I've got a good husband to pretty much head up that effort!!


 I don't know why those three pictures are out of order but anywho.  We love 4 generation pictures!!!!
 Peyton was over the moon about finally being able to play outside!!  The weather has been soooo crazy lately!  He just went to town with his golf set!!
 Concentration face!!!

 Just having fun practicing photography and different settings on my camera!!!  Sadie had gone down for a nap a few minutes previous but not before she got to play in the yard for a bit too.  Peyton had hated playing in the grass the first little while.  He didn't like the feel of hte grass on his legs and feet.  I'm tellin gyou though, that is def not teh case with Sadie.  She kept sinking her little toes deep into the grass.  Then taking her little hands and plunging them in the grass and pulling up handfulls of dirt and such.  She would then proceed by sticking them all in her mouth.  *sigh.....* We are currently calling moments like that, "free immunizations."  Making em' tougher. Ha
 Easter Sunday the kids looked so adorbs!!!  Eric had to work that morning so I texted him and told him we were about to call him and he needed to change his voice and be the easter bunny.  Well........ apparently my husband has never done pretend voices because he stinks at it.  I put the phone on speaker and after teh first couple words out of Eric's mouth Peyton yells, "It's the easter bunny daddy!!!!!!!!!!!"  As soon as Eric got home from work, Peyton met him at the door and explained how he was the easter bunny earlier.  Ha.  Obviously if we do any calls to the easter bunny from now on, I will be the bunny. 
 Peyton had found our stash earlier in the week so we didn't really make a big deal of the easter bunny bringing his basket this year.  To be honest, I just really wanted to concentrate on the real reason for Easter so I didn't go to any effort that morning with the bunny thing.  Definitely in the future, we will do the whole basket thing on Saturday I think. 


 I had totally wanted to go all out with brand new easter clothes for them this year but the truth is, they have so many cute clothes already!!!  We are sooooo blessed with hand me downs!!!!
 After church that day we had a few families over to our house.  We had a potluck and an indoor egg hunt.... raining outside.  We had so much fun with everyone.  Our house was quite crowded and it looked like a bomb had gone off after everyone left but I'm so glad we did it.  I love to be around the ones I love, especially around holidays.  Eric's family is always milking in the evenings so they don't have time to do stuff with us very much which makes me even more grateful for our ward family!  There are sooo many wonderful people in our life!! 

It was such a wonderful week preceding Easter this year.  I was supposed to give the Easter lesson in Young Women's so I was just preparing for that.  On Sunday, Sis. Peiffer realized that teh RS, Priesthood, YM, and YW were combined so I didn't need to teach after all.  But I was soooooo very grateful that I'd prepared anyway! 
I'm sooooo incredibly grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ!!  During the week, I had a really low moment.  As I was sitting in my rocking chair I just prayed and prayed for comfort and a little peace.  As I sat there, the words came to my heart, "This is why I sent my Son." 
He loves us..... the atonement is our bridge home.  It's our greatest hope!  Because of Christ, we can return to our loving Heavenly Father.  We not only can repent of our sins but the atonement provides us peace and comfort when we need it.  Jesus Christ felt all we will ever feel in that garden of Gethsamane!!!  I'm sooooooooo grateful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. We spent the weekend cleaning puke out of our car, too. YUCK.

    Your kids look adorable and I love Sadie's little jean jacket!

    ReplyDelete