wooooeeeeee.... thanks for allowing me my "pregnancy rant" yesterday! HAha...... but really, I do rant a LOT more when pregnant. Speaking of pregnancy.... that's what I want to blog about today!
I have a hate/love relationship with being pregnant. Of course I LOVE having a little human being inside my stomach and most moments I'm just overcome with the miracle of it all. I LOVE feeling my baby move inside..... that's my most favorite! I love using it as an excuse for everything.... so I was grumpy with my husband (hormones from pregnancy), I can blame eating habits on cravings, the wonderful "I'm eating for two" thing.
I dont' particularly like getting this fat. I know I could control it a lot more than I do but third trimester I just feel HUGE. I feel like my oxygen supply is depleted when I bend down to put on socks, I feel a need to let out a HUGE grunt everytime I bend down because again, it cuts off my oxygen supply. When pregnant with Peyton, I felt soooo beautiful! Even at my biggest, I just felt so pretty. Well, looking aback at all those pictures I took of those maternity days I think, "uggghhhh, for reals. Was I blind? I'm sooooo HUGE." So this go round I'm not taking too many pics but still, there is a really beautiful thing about being pregnant. I still feel pretty..... whether I really look it or not.
I'm going to give a quick rundown of this pregnancy with my little girl...... mostly for preserving memories sake!!!
We'd planned this pregnancy down to the minute... haha. But really, we had a month opening for getting pregnant. We have a cruise planned January 2013 and my baby has to be at least 6 months old. So that gave us one month........ we were in the middle of a move, and switching insurances which gave us that window. Well, after peeing on that little stick and seeing that positive I was STOKEEEEDDDDD to the moon and back. I started screaming adn screaming.... Peyton and Eric were in our bedrrom "waiting for the result" and I came out dancing. Let's just say I did a happy dance for a long time. Eric gave me a big hug and Peyton just sat there staring like, "WHAT THE......"
This pregancy has gone sooooooo much quicker than my first. Time has flown!!!! First trimester I stayed away from all sweets and most fruits adn yogurts. For some reason, "sweets" made me really sick and nauseous. We love eating pancakes with syrup for breakfast all the time but that was a big NO NO for first tri. OOOOHHHHH gosh, I can't tell you how sick that would make me.
2nd tri came around and I was able to eat sweets and stuff again. And all of a sudden I was bursting with energy.... which gratefully still hasn't gone away and I'm at week 29. Man, I loved 2nd tri..... although I hate that period when you just look like you've gained weight and noone wants to say anything..... that whole awkwardness. Halfway through 2nd tri though I started cramping up severely. It really really really really freaked me out. I couldn't even wakl somedays because I'd be cramping adn contracting so much it just hurt too much. YIKES! Long story short, I was dehyrated. The doc says that the cramps and contractions were my body's way of trying to expel whatever was taking my water supply.... which in this case was my sweet little baby!!!!!! Sooooo grateful we figured that out pronto because dehyration can cause pre-term labor which is the road I was oging on. So I drink ALLLLL the time now, and peeee all the time.
2nd tri we also had our ultrasound to determine gender!!!!!!! LOVEEEE that appt! The lady who did the ultrasound was new so she was taking forever which you know I loved!! Then a second ultrasound tech came in to make sure the first lady did it all right.... then we had the doctor come in and recheck everything. That appt was a good hour just getting to watch my baby on the screen!!! The first gal told us we were having a boy at first........ Eric and I looked at each other of course excited. But a coupel minutes later she realized it was just the umbilical cord in the way. IT'S A GIRL!!! Oh man, then we were ecstatic!! One of each! Even better, our baby was healthy as could be.... and what a mover!!!!!! Maybe that's why the appt took soo long too, she would just wiggle wiggle wiggle.
3rd tri heralded in my acid reflux...... uugghhhhh. So I wake up about twice a night for my tums and another 6 times to go pee. hahah. The joys of pregnancy. I'm starting to PUFF up at night too. Can't wear hair tyes aroun my wrist or it cuts off the circulation to my hands.... and my wedding ring is the next thing to go. Eric does give me foot massages frequently though...... I"m soooo lucky!!
Our second scare came when I thought I was leaking amniotic fluid...... thankfully it was just an infection!!!
I feel sooo good righ tnow though. My morning is jam packed with energy and gusto and my nights I'm totally crashing but lucky I get lots done in the mornings and afternoon.
We are sooooooo excited for this little girl! I can't wait to have her here in my arms. I'm just ready to cuddle and kiss on her every second of my day. Soooo excited for Peyton to have a little sibling to love on. I know he'll be such a great big brother. Right now, he rubs my belly softly and says "Beebee." then kisses my belly. Ummmm, tear tear. too cute for words.
Feel so grateful for the blessing of my kids everyday!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment