Christmas is THE best time of the year! But ya know what, since having Peyton I'm filled with an overwhelming sense of wanting to make sure he doesn't focus on the gifts and glitter but on the Savior's gift for mankind! I've been thinking and thinking and thinking...... still thinking. If anyone reading this has any words of advice I'd love to hear them. The only ideas we have so far is doing "gifts for Jesus", going on a family vacation instead of receiving gifts, subs for santa, etc. Just the usual stuff that comes to mind. Moving right along though. It's been a fun month so far! We've gone caroling a couple times, drank gallons of hot cocoa, been to see the Washington D.C. temple lights and concert, unwrapped all our presents already, had an ugly Christmas Sweater Party! It's been fun!
This post isn't going to be too long or detailed..... oh well. I will give you the update on Peyton though. He can almost sit on his own. He rolls everywhere! He talks, giggles, and flirts like you wouldn't believe! He loves ALL baby foods, he sleeps through the night, I lay him down for naps and he falls asleep himself. Basically, what i'm trying to say is he's the best EVER!!! Such a fun, easygoing little guy. Makes me want to have another baby.... like last month! lol.
I have had the same concern about Christmas being not recognized for what it really is. Brian and I try to spend money mostely on things that the children need anyway but this year I am thinking that we might not put 3/4 of the gifts under the tree Christmas Eve night...it might be a shock to them when they wake up and dont see much on the tree but then we will talk to them about what Christmas is really all about bare our testimony and then bring in the rest of the gifts. I love the idea of a Christmas vacation...but many vacations cost more than what we would spend on gifts since I am such a thrifty spender. I need to see more pictures from the party! Peyton is so cute and he is growing up so fast. Enjoy him a little longer and then have another one...because after him you wont just have one and you might find it hard to just enjoy your little one given you have a toddler to watch after as well as the baby...(coming from one who knows **wink wink** )
ReplyDelete