The lifesize gingerbread/candy house is always a hit at Christmas. More of a hit than Santa Claus at least. My kids still won't get close to the man.
We took a quick break to feed the starving Hyrum and get a couple of chocolate milkshakes. How can you NOT while in Hershey?
It just so happened that my milkshake buddy was not so fond of sharing. Punk.
But I guess it's ok, as long as she lets me accessorize her in funny looking glasses and take a bajillion pictures.
Daddy's favorite candy..... I wanted Eric to hug the Reese's but he wasn't convinced. He should've put his arm around him and pretended that he was taking a bite out of his head..... now THAT's what I call a picture.
Boudda baby Hyrum. Seriously I had to be present at all clothing changes so I could admire his rotund rolls. And try to find the dirt that had gotten lost and hidden in his creases! Adorable!!
It was a little frazzling to Whitney to be here because both of my kids are these baby hungry, hovering type of things.
I understand where Whitney is coming from but I just thought it was adorable. My kids gravitate toward little babies and just want to be near them. Sign me up for a new baby!!
Playing in the snow is always a big hit.
It's darn right amazing I got any pictures of Tyler. He is such a go-go boy. Never stays still for two seconds. Peyton is kind of a wuss and the minute snow touches his hands or he starts to feel an inkling of coldness creep in, he wants to go inside. So I was enthralled with watching Tyler kick and kick and throw snow for forever. Even when his gloves fell off, he just kept going.
Sadie was cool staying on the sidewalk.
Finished off some fun snow playing with homemade donuts. Maybe that's why my kids don't last long.... they know something delicious is coming next. Hot and fresh for them. Lesson learned...... no more deliciousness for the Hess kids after snow play.
We went to pick out a tree late one night. Whit and the boys were tired and all ready for bed so they stayed home. It was a simple quick trip though. We went to a roadside stand, blaring Christmas the whole way, got out.... Peyton picked the PERFECT tree (out of 4), we loaded it up, and away we went!!
There was a moment that a pine needle jumped in my eye. Can't forget THAT memory right?
See what I said about the hovering? Sadie will jabber to Hyrum like he understands every word she's saying.
Pure love.
Eric helped Peyton put the star on top. I know it looks more like a tinfoil snake type of creation but listen up..... it's hard to mold a star out of tinfoil. Hindsight, I should've gotten a cardboard cutout of a star and wrapped it in the foil
It was Whit's birthday while they were here. Let me just say that i was sooooo grateful to celebrate her while she was here. She is such a wonderful sister!!! She has always been and always will be such a great example to me. As a person, mother, wife, daughter, and sister. She's pretty great! She's one of those people who honestly doesn't realize how great she really is. She's smart, beautiful, compassionate, sweet, giving, selfless (seriously, this would be the ONE word to describe her if I could just choose one word.... Selfless), athletic, good listener, great cook, organized, etc etc etc. Sure love that girl. Sheesh! Why can't we live closer.....
Had to take a quick picture of how long Sadie's hair is getting. It is still a mullet..... but, it's getting longer!
The rest of the pictures are iphone snaps that we took in the little moments of the everyday life.
I LOVE having visitors. The mess and chaos and schedule changes never bother me. I love having moments with the ones I love most. We don't really get anything productive done but I cherish that as well. Such a wonderful opportunity to slow down and take life one glorious moment at a time. We will sit for hours in conversation while intermittently pointing out a funny thing one of the kids are doing and laughing to ourselves, cooking in the kitchen amidst music and more conversation, storytimes with all kids snuggled up close, short little trips (even if it is only to the library), exchanging favorite apps or games for the kids, laughing over past memories shared, and mostly just soaking everything in. Until next time Whit, Ty-ty, and Boudda.
No comments:
Post a Comment