So i'm a little behind the times when it comes to technology in general but i love to write in my journal, so I figure that's practically what i'll be doing. This is also gonna be a perfect way for my family to watch Peyton grow!
Well, I am loving every single moment of motherhood thus far. EVERY moment you might ask, heck yes EVERY moment. Like that time Peyton peed on Eric's forehead, EPICCCC! Or that moment that Peyton laughed for the first time just looking at mom with the turban towel wrapped around her head from the shower! Sure we've had our moments..... like the times I start hallucinating and search our bed frantically for Peyton thinking I suffocated him after a feeding because I was too tired to put him back in his basinette. Thankfully this only happens when I'm really really really tired and Peyton started at a pretty young age to sleep through the whole night so that's not really an issue anymore! There was that day he got his vaccinations..... oh boy he was one grumpy boy! Nope, still thinking I'm loving EVERY moment of being his mom!
Let's start at the beginning of this family story! Well, I have always wanted to be a mom first and foremost!!! Even in elementary when the teacher asked what we wanted to be when we grew up, that was always a no-brainer for me, a mommy! That has held true for me my whole life. Of course, in junior high, and high school, my dreamer self started coming out. That's when I decided I wanted to be a tornado chaser, an orthodontist (they make good money), a wedding planner, an elementary teacher, a country singer, a stunt woman, personal trainer, photographer, a hairstylist, and a farmer. Seriously still want to be most of these things..... excluding the stunt woman and the orthodontist. And up to this point, I've completed some college for elementary teacher, taken a "farmer's course," and graduated so i'm a certifiable farmer through and through. What's involved with that..... I know everything you would ever want to know about a cow, i can breed 3 cows in under 10 minutes, I can groom a cow ready to show, I can show, I have competed in national dairy judging contests.... planned my own wedding and helped with details for others, bblllaaaahhhh, i'm getting way off subject.
I've always wanted to be a mom..... well much to my dismay it took quite a while for Eric and I to get pregnant. About a year, which was a really lonnnnnggg time for me (unfortunately, patience is not a strong point for me) THEN, you have to wait a little more than 9 months for that baby to cook. Seriously, tested my patience!!
Then on June 16th, 2010 at 9:35p.m. he was placed in my arms for the first time! I would pick that moment over ANYYYY occupation any day. There are no words for the completenesss and pure joy i felt in that moment. Looking down at his cute little button nose, his little eyes, and those beautiful heart shaped lips, my heart seemingly overflowed with love for my little guy! Tears start leaking even NOW everytime i think of this moment!
Now, three months later I about have a heart attack with a simultaneous sigh of relief everytime he grows out of an outfit!! A heart attack for the knowledge that my baby is growing up way too fast! And a sigh of relief because he is my responsibility and he's growing up big and strong!
Even now, I've got this huge cheesy smile on my face because he's sitting next to me in his vibrator with some serious hiccups! He gets hiccups REALLY bad whenever he laughs! Well I'll sign off today cause that cute face looks like it's begging for mommy to play with him. I'll write more later...... i have to catch you people up with three months of his life!!
Glad you have a blog! I totally know what you mean about the patience thing. Two years and 2 miscarriages later we're still waiting to be parents! I'm so excited that you guys have such a cute little bundle of joy now! And Peyton is on my list of names--love it!
ReplyDeleteLove your post! You are such a cute mommy and he is one lucky boy. You will have to post about the outfit you bought way before you were even married- so funny.
ReplyDeleteNice Blog Bre! I love that little Man of yours too he is such a sweet little boy and you are any amazing Mommy! You were born to be a Mom and is shows. <3
ReplyDeleteIt's been fun starting one. took me long enough! yeah dani, i know some people have to wait a lot longer than a year so we really do feel blessed. we'll keep you in our prayers! and amy i will def have to post about the outfit sometime! lol
ReplyDelete